Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty are likely to open higher on Tuesday tracking mixed global cues.
Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty are likely to open higher on Tuesday tracking mixed global cues. The 30-share index tumbled 374 points to 28294.28 on Monday, while the Nifty 50 index also dipped 108.50 points to 8723.05. However, the Indian rupee continued to rally for third straight day and ended 4 paise higher at 66.61 on sustained selling of the American currency by banks and exporters.
Below are 5 things you should know before market opens on Tuesday:
1) Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX Nifty) reversed losses after the US presidential debate and was trading 12 points higher at 8,748, indicating a positive start for domestic equity markets.
2) Asian markets were trading mixed in the morning trade. Nikkei 225 and Shanghai Composite index were down by 0.39 per cent and 0.01 per cent while Hang Seng was up by 0.45 per cent.
3) On Wall Street, the Dow Jones Industrial Average index dipped by 166.62 points, or 0.91 per cent, to 18,094.83 on Monday. The Standard & Poor’s 500 index declined 18.59 points, or 0.86 per cent, to 2,146.10. The Nasdaq Composite index slipped by 48.26 points, or 0.91 per cent, to 5,257.49.
4) Foreign institutional investors stood net sellers in equity segment on Monday, while they remained net buyers in debt segment, according to data released by the NSDL. In equity segment, the gross buying was of Rs 5,755 crore against gross selling of Rs 6,002.71 crore. Thus, FIIs stood as net sellers of Rs 247.71 crore in equities. In the debt segment, the gross purchase was of Rs 1,935.79 crore with gross sales of Rs 1,386.40 crore. Thus, FIIs stood as net buyers of Rs 549.39 crore in debt.
5) Shares of Bosch and IRB Infrastructure will remain in focus on Tuesday. Auto components major Bosch on Monday said its offer to buyback 8.78 lakh shares, about 25 per cent of the paid up capital of the firm, for Rs 2,019.76 crore would begin on October 6.
IRB Infrastructure Developers also informed bourses that it has received letter of award from National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for Rs 2,100-crore highway project in Rajasthan and Gujarat.