Shares of India's major private lender Bandhan Bank jumped on Thursday afternoon, after the firm reported stellar Q4 results. Bandhan Bank share price jumped more than 6% to hit the day's high at Rs 635.
Shares of India’s major private lender Bandhan Bank jumped on Thursday afternoon, after the firm reported stellar Q4 results. Bandhan Bank share price jumped more than 6% to hit the day’s high at Rs 635. Bandhan Bank has reported a robust 68% on-year rise in net profit to Rs 651 crore. The bank had reported a net profit of Rs 388 crore a year ago. Analysts had anticipated the lender to report a net profit of Rs 546.30 crore, according to a Bloomberg poll of eight analysts. The net interest margin (NlM) registered a stellar jump to 70.69% against 9.32% in the corresponding quarter of the previous year. We take a look at key figures in a nutshell.
Bandhan Bank Q4 net profit jumps 68% to Rs 651 crore: Key figures in a nutshell
- The bank’s net profit for the quarter grew by 67 .78% to Rs 651 crore as against Rs 388 crore in the corresponding quarter last fiscal.
- The lender’s net interest income came in 45.60% at Rs 1258 crore as against Rs 864 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The operating profit for the quarter jumped 63.92% to Rs 1,154 crore against Rs 704 crore in the similar period last year.
- The asset quality improved sequentially, as Gross NPAs as on 31st March 2019 stood at 2.04% against 2.40% as on 31’t December 2018. The Net NPAs came in at 0.5% as against 0.7% in the previous quarter.
- The bank’s CASA ratio came in at 40.75% of total deposits. This compared with 34.32% in the corresponding period last year. The Total Advances (on book + off book) grew by 38.46% at Rs 44,776 crore as on March 31, 2019, as against 32,339 crore one-year ago.
- The total banking outlets stood at 4000, as at the end of the quarter. This overall network comprises of 986 branches and 3,014 doorstep service centres.