Domestic equity markets are likely to open in positive terrain on Monday tracking SGX Nifty amid firm global cues.
Domestic equity markets are likely to open in positive terrain on Tuesday tracking SGX Nifty amid firm global cues. On Monday, the BSE Sensex surged 120.41 points to close at 27,902.66, while the Nifty gained 34.90 points to settle at 8,607.45 following late buying in selected blue chip companies.
Below are the 5 things you should know before stock markets open on Tuesday
1. At 7.49 am, SGX Nifty, which is an indicator of how domestic markets will open, was trading 24 points up at 8,679.50.
2. Asian shares bounced on Tuesday as doubts the US Federal Reserve really would hike rates as soon as September undermined the dollar, while investors continued to count on more policy stimulus elsewhere in the world.
3. On Wall Street, the Dow ended Monday up 0.58 per cent, while the S&P 500 added 0.52 per cent and the Nasdaq 0.26 per cent.
4. Reserve Bank of India’s governor Raghuram Rajan on Monday said the policy rate can be cut only if inflation eases, as “inflation projections are still at the upper limits” of the central bank’s target.
5. Stocks of DLF will be in focus as the realty firm posted more than two-fold jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 261.42 crore for the quarter ended June 30, helped by sale of its cinema business to PVR.