The most awaited FIFA World Cup is finally here and the world is already cheering for their favourite teams! Events like these are a perfect opportunity for families and friends to get together and enjoy a good game on their screens at home while indulging in their favourite snacks. Your favorite team is often not the same as your friends or family. But, don’t let the competitive spirit divide your love for food! If you’re a football enthusiast and a die-hard foodie, we have curated this list of easy and healthy finger recipes that can be shared with your loved ones while the teams battle it out. May the best team Win! Until then, here are some lip-smacking recipes for you.
Recipe 1 – Chicken Teriyaki – Adding spice to your matches!
Duration – 15 mins
- 4 tbsp soya sauce
- 4 packets of ketchup
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Take a bowl and mix ketchup, soya sauce, garlic paste, brown sugar, and orange juice.
- Put the chicken in the bowl and toss it nicely to coat the chicken
- Place everything on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked.
- Garnish it with sesame seeds and green onion and be the best match party host!
Recipe 2 – Falafel – Baked not Fried
Duration – 1 hour
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried raw chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup roughly chopped onion
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin and cinnamon each
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer, combine the soaked and drained chickpeas, parsley, onion, coriander, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it until it is smooth.
- Take a microwave-safe baking pan and place a baking sheet coated with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Scoop out roughly 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time with your hands. Create tiny patties out of the falafel that is 2 inches broad and ½ inch thick. Each falafel should be placed on the greased pan.
- Falafels should be baked for 25 to 30 minutes on high, gently turning them over halfway through, until they are deeply brown on both sides.
- You can also store the falafel in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days
Recipe 3 – Oven Baked Carrot Chips – To munch away your excitement
Duration – 40 minutes
- 1kg carrot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Take the carrots, remove the ends, peel them and slice them vertically into chips.
- Put them in a large bowl and mix them with salt, black pepper, olive oil, cumin, and cinnamon. Make sure that the chips are all well-coated.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl, line it with baking paper, and grease it with olive oil.
- Microwave on high for 12-15 minutes, until they turn crisp. Then flip the chips and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
Recipe credits: Voltas Beko