Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti: One of the iconic leaders of all times, Subhas Chandra Bose, lovingly known as Netaji, was not just instrumental in India freedom struggle from the British but his patriotism and ideologies went on to inspire generations after him. Born on January 23, 1897, Bose’s iconic call for freedom earned him an unwearied reputation not just in India but with other world leaders as well.
Netaji led a young radical wing of the Indian National Congress in the late 1920s, becoming its president. He was later ousted due to ideological differences with Mahatma Gandhi but he continued his struggle for freedom by building the Indian National Army and the All India Forward Bloc, which was a left-wing nationalist political party in India. Indian women also played an important role in the activities for the freedom of India. A women’s regiment of Azad Hind Fauj was formed, called Rani of Jhansi regiment, which was under the command of Captain Lakshmi Swaminathan.
Here are some inspirational quotes and messages by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose:
- “It is our duty to pay for our liberty with our own blood.”
- *” Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle — if there are no risks to be taken.”
- “It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom”
- “One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.”
- “Freedom is not given, It. Is taken”
- “Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend. Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory which contains the maximum truth”
- “Never lose your faith in the destiny of India. There is no power on Earth that can keep India in bondage. India will be free, that too, soon.”