International Day of Happiness holds considerable importance, reminding all of us to find happiness in the small and beautiful occurrence around us. Make sure you smile at someone today!
Are you smiling right now? Well, you should always be. Not just because it is the onset of the spring season, March 20 is also International Day of Happiness, a holiday which has a major significance worldwide. The International Day of Happiness 2019 has been founded in June 2012 by the United Nations General Assembly and was first celebrated on March 20, 2013. This year’s theme is to be Happier Together, promoted around a central aim— “Share Happiness and be Part of Something Amazing.” If the beautiful sunshine and warmer weather have not cheered you up yet, these happiness quotes will definitely do the trick. Take a look at the top happy quotes from inspiring people and see if you are not glowing by the end of this list.
On the occasion of International Day of Happiness 2019, people will be sharing several posts on what it is that makes them happy along with the hashtag #InternationalDayofHappiness. Happiness means different to different people, but the below quotes are sure to inspire you and will even be helpful to share on your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
1. Anne Frank- ‘Whoever is happy will make others happy too.’
2. Goldie Hawn- ‘The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not whom people think you are.’\
3. Marcus Aurelius- ‘Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.’
4. Valerie Bertinelli- ‘Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy.’
5. Leo Tolstoy- ‘If you want to be happy, be.’
6. Sidonie Gabrielle Colette- ‘Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.’
7. Dalai Lama- ‘If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.’
Happiness is an emotional state that most of us today are continually striving for. In the hustle of everyday schedule, we are becoming zombies, which is not helping any of us. International Day of Happiness holds considerable importance, reminding all of us to find happiness in the small and beautiful occurrence around us. Make sure you smile at someone today!