Pune lockdown news rules, Mumbai Maharashtra coronavirus cases latest updates: Maharashtra has recorded 6,741 new Coronavirus cases and 213 COVID-19 deaths taking the total cases tally to 2,67,665 and death toll stood at 10,695.
Mumbai Maharashtra corona cases, Pune lockdown guidelines rules news: Lockdown is on in Pune even as the district has recorded as many as 1,510 new coronavirus cases and 35 COVID19 deaths in the last 24 hours. With this, the Coronavirus tally stood at 42,836 and the death toll was at 1,176. Of the 1,510 new cases, 818 were from areas in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) limits, where the overall tally of COVID-19 patients has gone up to 29,494,” the official said. A total of 746 patients were discharged from hospitals following their recovery during the day.
During the lockdown in Pune, there has been significantly less number of people in the streets, said Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) for Pune City, Sanjay Shinde. Special officers have been deployed by Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) at 27 private hospitals where treatment for coronavirus patients has been going on. These officials will monitor the situation and assist the patients. Fresh guidelines have been issued for the treatment of Covid-19 patients in government as well as private hospitals. While the lockdown has been imposed on Tuesday, industries in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad have remained operational. Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar has said that the 10-day lockdown in Pimpri-Chinchwad will check the growing number of coronavirus cases, and provide time to authorities to set up more facilities for COVID19 patients.
WATCH VIDEO: Indian Railways unveils world’s 1st safer train coaches for post-Covid-19 travel; top features!
Maharashtra has recorded 6,741 new Coronavirus cases and 213 COVID-19 deaths taking the total cases tally to 2,67,665 and death toll stood at 10,695. Mumbai has recorded 969 new coronavirus cases and 70 deaths. The total coronavirus cases tally has reached 94,863 and the death toll stood at 5,402 in Mumbai. Mumbai’s Dharavi slum sprawl has added 11 new COVID-19 cases, taking the coronavirus tally to 2,392, as per data revealed by the Health Department.
Pune lockdown news, rules, guidelines
- The total lockdown in Maharashtra’s Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad will be 10-day long. The lockdown will be enforced from July 13 to July 18.
- Essential services such as pharmacies, milk shops, and doctors’ clinics will remain open.
- Emergency services will be allowed during the lockdown period.
- Grocery stores, wholesale and retail shops will remain shut. However, from July 19 – July 23 essential items selling shops will remain open from 8 am to 12 pm.
- The government offices will function with 10 per cent staff. All private offices will not be allowed to open.
- Petrol pumps will remain operational from 9 am to 2 pm. Salons and spas and beauty parlours will not be allowed to open.