PM Modi Live Today Latest Updates: PM Modi said that due to this vaccination success, several global agencies have reinforced their faith in India's thriving economy.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addressed the nation lauding the ‘100 crore’ jabs success story. Talking about initial concerns, PM Modi said that India has come a long way. With Diwali around the corner, PM Modi said that everyone must ensure that Covid-apt habits become part of everyday routine. PM Modi has also changed his ‘display pic’ on all social media handles. In the DP, the ‘Congratulations, India’ message can be seen. The last time PM addressed the nation was on June 7 earlier this year, when he had launched the ‘free vaccine for all’ stage of the national vaccination programme. In today’s speech, the message was clear – Yes, we have achieved a great milestone, but India can’t stop at this. Here are the top quotes of his speech:
- There were many people doubting India’s capability. Will India be able to beat the virus? What about funds to buy the vaccines? When will India get the vaccines? Our success has silenced the critics, says PM Modi
- There was no VIP culture during the mass vaccination drive.
- Last Diwali, there was a sense of doubt. But this year, with 100 crore doses, people have more sense of assurance.
- This Covid journey has also helped us in turnaround in other spheres also.
- This vaccination success has also boosted our economic prospects. The world experts are very positive about the Indian economy. Indian companies are getting ‘record investment’ and creating new avenues for more jobs for the youth of the country.
- As a nation, we know how to set big targets and achieve them. But this doesn’t mean we should stop being alert towards the pandemic. We can’t be careless.
- No matter how strong, tough the armour is, one can’t let the guard down during the ongoing war. Similarly, even though India has achieved this milestone, we must remain vigilant. Just like we can’t step outside our homes without our shoes, we must make wearing face masks part of our routine. Those who have got the Covid shot should inspire others and those who are still waiting for their dose must follow Covid-appropriate behaviour.