How to keep diabetes at bay: You may want to keep your blood sugars under control as about 8.1 million diabetes cases go undiagnosed.
Since 29.1 million people of the US population have diabetes, Joy Bauer, the nutrition expert on the Today Show, has given out few tips to do so.
Bauer suggested to start with incorporating some of the simple lifestyle changes. Check out 10 power points on how to keep diabetes at bay:
1. Monitor blood glucose levels
2. Take medication as directed by doctors
3. Maintain a healthy weight
4. Aim for at least 30 minutes of activity most days of the week
5. Keep a food record
6. Quit smoking
7. Moderate alcohol consumption
8. Eat croutons on salad instead of toasted walnuts
9. Ranch salad dressing for vinaigrette dressing
10. Breadcrumbs for rolled oats in meatballs