Vasant Panchami 2018: Goddess Saraswati, sitting on a lotus, symbolizes her wisdom. She is also well-versed in the experience of truth. The celebration of Vasant Panchami can be traced back to Dwapara Yuga. As per the authority of scriptures like Srimad Bhagwatam and other Vaishnava scriptures, the transcendental Vasant ras lila took place on this night on the Govardhan hill.
Basant Panchami 2018: Basant Panchami is one of the most auspicious festivals for the Hindus which marks the onset of spring. The festival falls on the fifth day (Panchami) of the fortnight (Shukla Paksha) of the lunar month of Magh. This year the festival will be on January 22, 2018. During this time of the year, people in the fields enjoy the abundance of their crops including ripened mustard flowers, giving it a beautiful yellow glow which marks the arrival of Vasant Panchami. All over the country, people celebrate this festival by performing Saraswati Puja– Goddess of knowledge, music, art, wisdom, learning, philosophy, creativity and nature. According to Drikpanchang, the Panchami Tithi begins at 3:33 pm on January 21 and will end at 4:24 pm on January 22, 2018. The celebration of Vasant Panchami can be traced back to Dwapara Yuga. As per the authority of scriptures like Srimad Bhagwatam and other Vaishnava scriptures, the transcendental Vasant ras lila took place on this night on the Govardhan hill. The place came to be known as Chandra Sarovar. It is also mentioned that Lord Chandradev stood still for one night of Brahma to take darshan of this divine dance of Sri Krishna and his beloved gopis, headed by Srimati Radharani, as per IE.
Here are the images, greeting, quotes, SMS, Whatsapp and Facebook status – that can bring you closer to your near and dear ones:-
1. On this auspicious day of Saraswati Puja, may you wear yellow and bloom like mustard fields, fly kites and soar into the sky like them, welcome the Spring season and shed lethargy and burn evils like Holika. Happy Basant Panchmi!
2. Goddess Saraswati, sitting on a lotus, symbolizes her wisdom. She is also well-versed in the experience of truth. When the goddess is seen sitting on a peacock, it is a reminder that a strong ego can be held back by wisdom. May the Goddess bless you on this festival of Basant Panchami!
3. With the chill in the weather receding, may your sorrows also vanish like the cold weather. Happy Basant Panchmi!
4. No greeting card to give, no sweet flowers to send, no cute graphics to forward, just a caring heart wishing u…Happy Basant Panchami.
5. May the revered occasion of Basant Panchami,
Bring the wealth of knowledge to you,
May you be blessed by Goddess Saraswati…
and all your wishes come true.
Happy Basant Panchami.
6. I pray to Goddess Saraswati for you that,
This great occasion of Basant Panchami,
May bring huge wealth of knowledge for you,
And may you be blessed by Goddess Saraswati,
Wish you a joyful Basant Panchami.