As dense fog engulfed Delhi-NCR and the visibility was reportedly reduced on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, the upper-speed limit has now been fixed at 75 km per hour from 100 km per hour.
Here’s all you need to know about the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway speed limit:
- Those violating the upupper-speedimit on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway will have to face action.
- The upper speed of vehicles has also been capped at 65 km per hour on some other routes in Noida, and motorists violating the speed limit order will face legal action or penalty or both, according to an official statement.
- The nearly 25-km long six-lane high-speed expressway connects Noida and Greater Noida in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, adjoining Delhi, and sees thousands of vehicles daily.
- According to the statement, the upper-speed limit on the Noida Greater Noida Expressway has been capped at 75 km per hour while it has been fixed at 65 km per hour on key roads like MP1, MP2, MP 3, DSC, 75-metre wide.
- The decision was taken during a joint meeting of the Noida Traffic Police, and Noida Authority’s Traffic Cell. In view of extreme cold and fog at present, the officials have decided to fix the speed limit for the safety of public and to control accidents, the statement mentioned.
“It was also decided in the meeting that action will be taken against the drivers who violate the speed limit as per rules and challans will also be imposed on them. The Noida Traffic Cell was directed to install warning/indicator boards to this effect on all main roads. Challans and other punitive action will be taken by the traffic police,” it added.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had on Monday instructed departments concerned across Uttar Pradesh to take appropriate measures to check incidents of road crashes and casualties caused in it during winter especially because of fog conditions.
With PTI inputs