Reliance Jio sim: People have been queueing up in front of stores ever since the much-hyped sim was launched. Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani had unveiled Reliance Jio, which was finally launched in September 5. Ambani, at the 42nd AGM of Reliance Industries, had informe about the launch of Reliance Jio and about its commercial availability on December 31, 2016. Stressing on the digital revolution boom globally, Ambani noted that everything that is digital is having an exponential growth. Talking about the Jio service, Ambani had said that it was based on 5 key pillars with a fundamental aim to provide a strong network and create a magical experience and added that it will always be available at an affordable price. The free service by Reliance Jio will be available till December 2016.
The users in order to get the SIM card are neede to submit their KYC documents. Reliance is not done yet with network testing of the Jio 4G SIM and it is freely available. The Jio SIM cards brings along with it, accessories like JioOnDemand and JioBeats. My Jio App needs to be downloaded by the users from the Goolge play store after getting their Jio SIM cards. In the App, the customer will have to click on the banner that says ‘Get Jio SIM’. Then a whole process begins which needs to be completed by the user. When completed, the user will have to click the “Next” button. An offer code by Reliance will now be flashed on the display screen. The offer code has to be noted down by the customer. The customer should then have all the required documents for the fulfilment of the KYC norms, in order. The user will then have to go to a Reliance Store with the KYC documents where he will get the free Jio SIM.
How to activate Reliance Jio 4G SIM: Steps to follow
On successful purchase of the SIM, the user would need to activate it in order to use. The following steps need to be followed for the activation:
- The user is expected to get a confirmation message from Jio asking for the Tele-verification.
- In order to activate both the Voice and Data services, the user has to dial 1977 from the Jio number.
- Identity of the user can be confirmed by using the last 4 digits of the submitted identity; a Voter Id card or an Aadhar Card.
- The SIM is likely to get activated by 1 to 2 hours. Though in some cases, the SIM has taken up to 4-5 hours for activation. So the users are requested to practice patience.
- For enabling of data, one needs to dial 1800-890-1977 Toll-Free number from any mobile number as mentioned in the user’s Reliance Jio SIM’s form.
- Data services will get activated on entering the newly purchased Jio mobile number. On activation, the user would get 2GB of free 4G data, which in time will turn into an Unlimited 4G plan.
How to get Reliance Jio 4G SIM: All you need to know
Even before its release in the market as part of testing procedures, the Jio has caused severe headaches to the telecom industry with prominent network providers such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular by offering free services to attract new customers on a large scale. Earlier, the stores with the supply of the Reliance Jio saw massive queues that could only be associated with the launch of Apple products. The Jio services would be available in its complete form, the Reliance Jio 4G starting September 5. Previously the Jio was available in Beta versions to employees. It was later extended to family and friends, partners and selected vendors such as Samsung, Lg and Micromax.