UPSC notification 2018: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2018 at upsc.gov.in.
UPSC notification 2018: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2018 at upsc.gov.in. All interested and eligible civil service aspirants who wish to appear for the exam that will be conducted in the upcoming months can visit the official website of UPSC and fill the form for the same. The notification released on the official website states that the candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. While the online registration for the Civil services examination has started, the last date to fill applications is March 6, 2018 till 6 PM.
Candidates need to note that the applications are invited for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them. Mentioned below are the details that candidates need to keep in mind while filling the application form.
UPSC notification 2018: Last date to fill application form-
The online Applications can be filled up to 6th March, 2018 till 6:00 PM. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
UPSC notification 2018: Civil Service prelims exam Eligibility criteria-
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018
- The candidate must hold a degree from a recognised institute or university
UPSC 2018 Civil services prelim: Plan of Examination-
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above
UPSC 2018 Civil services Examination: Selection process-
- The candidature of candidates to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
- Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission
- The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
For more information, visit the official website of UPSC to check the detailed notification.