A big ray of hope had emerged for people who are seeking government jobs or candidates who are willing to join Indian Railways by means of various posts, when Railways Ministry officially announced that it is conducting one of the world’s largest recruitment processes for 89,409 posts in Indian Railways for Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) and Level II Categories. Even after the announcement, many changes have been made to the process like last date, age limit, exam fees, etc. Here are all the important details of this mega recruitment and the changes or amendments to the recruitment processes which have been announced so far:-
Top things to know about the recruitment for 89,409 posts
– Railways says it is one of the world’s largest recruitment drive
– The Railways Ministry has invited online applications for around 90,000 posts in Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) like Gateman, Porter, Track maintainer, Points man, Helper and Group C Level II categories like Technicians (Fitter, Crane Driver, Blacksmith, Carpenter), Assistant Loco Pilots (ALP).
– The online applications are invited through Railway Recruitment Boards websites.
– The computer-based test is expected to take place tentatively in April-May 2018.
– There will be no interviews.
– For Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D), age group of 18-31 years can apply, who have passed Class 10 and have an industrial training certificate (ITI).
– The educational qualifications for various Railways Group C Level I and II posts are class 10th passed & Industrial Training Institute (ITI) certificate. Ministry had issued a notification no. CEN 01/2018 for Group C Level II Categories posts.
-These vacancies are for the candidates of 18-28 years who have passed Class 10 and have an industrial training certificate (ITI) or diploma in engineering or a graduation in engineering.
How to apply online
– All these notifications can be seen at RRB Websites. The link to the site is https://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,1244
– Salary: For Group C level II posts, the scale of (19,900-63,200) will be given to the selected candidates. And, For Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) posts, the scale (18,000- 56,900) has been finalised
– Last date: Applications for Group C Level II posts will be accepted till 5th March 2018.
– For Group C Level I (Erstwhile Group D) posts, 12th March 2018 is the last date.
– According to the government announcement, free sleeper class Railway pass facility will be given to SC/ST candidates for Computer Based Aptitude Tests, Physical Efficiency Tests, Document verification during the recruitment process.
BIG CHANGES ANNOUNCED SO FAR: Key points
– Age limit: The Railways Ministry has extended the relaxation in Upper Age Limit for all categories.
– Last date: According to an official announcement, last date would be extended suitably.
– Languages: Questions in regional languages like Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Odiya, Telugu, Bangla and others will be also available for aspirants
– The question papers for these exams will be provided in 15 languages.
– The candidates appearing for exam can now make signature in any language instead of only in Hindi or English.
– Exam fee: For non-exempt candidates who have to pay Rs. 500 as exam fee, Rs 400 will be refunded if they appear for the exam