RRB ALP Exam 2018: Recently, the Railway Recruitment Board has released an important notice regarding increased vacancies of the upcoming Assistant Loco Pilot Examination 2018. According to the official Notice, vacancies are likely to be increased to about 60,000. The Call letter download for the 1st stage CBT on 9th August 2018 has been enabled. In order to boost your confidence, here are a few tips for RRB ALP Tips and tricks by Kiran Tomar, Exam Expert, OnlineTyari.com, which every aspirant must follow to prepare for their exam.
Reasoning Section will comprise of 25 Questions. Don’t try to overburden yourself starting new topics. Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
- Learn the basics by studying from reference books. Read and understand the basics behind each topic. This way you will be able to grasp the concepts which will help you in solving the questions easily.
- Solve previous year question papers to understand the pattern of questions which are asked in the exam.
- Lastly, do not forget to revise the topics which you have learned throughout the week.
Mathematics Section will comprise of 20 Questions. Mathematics section is a nightmare for many aspirants. It is just a myth that you cannot score well in the Math’s section. To master this section, you need to combine skills with strategy. What is important is that you need to have an idea of all the types of questions that are asked, so that you can attempt them in the correct manner.
- Practice with various mock tests, this will help you in giving an idea of the different ways the questions are set. The questions are deliberately set in a confusing format but if you are familiar with the pattern and different question types, you will be able to solve the questions easily.
- Learn new tricks or smart learning methods to ensure efficient use of time and labour. Revise whatever you learn during your preparation at the end of the week. This way you will be able to retain the information.
- Most of all, maintain a positive outlook to release the pressure.
General Science Section will comprise of 20 Questions. RRB ALP General Science exam is divided into 3 categories, which are Physics, Life Science, and Chemistry. A candidate can expect around 3-4 questions from each of these topics. To excel in these, a candidate needs to have a clear understanding of the concepts and proper exam strategy. To help you secure good marks, we have mentioned some important preparation tips for RRB ALP exam below:
- More emphasis is laid on Science and Technology and Biology. Hence, you should start your preparation with these topics.
- Mostly, in the current scenario, more questions are based on the current developments in the field of science. So, you should update yourself with current affairs and news regarding latest developments and discoveries in science.
- Rather than cramming facts, now the commission is focusing on the application of knowledge, observation, and utilization. The main viewpoint behind this step is that individuals who do not belong to this stream can also imply these basics in a day to day life.
General Awareness Section will comprise of 10 Questions. Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to the society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. Topics on History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research and Current Affairs are expected to cover a major chunk of this section.
Even if you are not good at a particular topic, instead of worrying and getting stressed, try to work on it. Also, don’t neglect your health and try to take out some time to meditate or exercise as a healthy mind only resides in a healthy body.
(Kiran Tomar, Exam Expert, OnlineTyari.com)