NEET 2018 UG syllabus: Declining the speculation, CBSE has announced on its official website- cbseneet.nic.in - that there will be no change in the examination syllabus this year.
NEET 2018 UG syllabus: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has denied it made any changes which were speculated to have been carried out in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG syllabus 2018. CBSE organises NEET every year and there were rumors that state curriculums might be included in the syllabus for this year’s exam. However, declining the speculation, the board has announced on its official website- cbseneet.nic.in – that there will be no change in the examination syllabus this year.
In an official notification, CBSE said, “The syllabus of NEET (UG) 2018 will be exactly same as it was for NEET (UG) 2017. There is no change in the syllabus of NEET (UG) 2018”. Students and parents are accordingly advised against following any other information. The notification clearly states that the syllabus is “exactly the same”. CBSE is expected to release the NEET 2018 notification anytime soon.
- RRC Recruitment 2020: Railway Recruitment Cell issues notification for 2,792 posts; Check details
- Indian Navy MR Recruitment: Indian Navy MR Admit Card 2020 released; check steps to download, other details
- DEE Assam Teacher Recruitment 2020: Applications invited for over 9,000 posts; Check eligibility, age limit, other details
The information regarding the changes, if any, in the NEET 2018 exam pattern, eligibility or syllabus would be available in the notification which is yet to be released.
Like last year, this year too, NEET is likely to be held in the first week of May. In 2017, the exam was conducted on May 7, Sunday. The exam is held for admission in MBBS seats in medical colleges across India. Only AIIMS and JIPMER conducts their own exam. NEET was made mandatory from 2016. The exam will be conducted in Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.
Eligibility criteria NEET 2018 UG examination
• Aspirants should have passed class 12 or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology and English individually.
• Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 50 per cent marks taken together in physics, chemistry and biology/bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
NEET 2018 UG: The seats are classified into the following categories-
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET UG 2018 Aadhaar Number requirement-
• Applicants must note that CBSE had also made Aadhaar card mandatory for registration from last year. This is, however, not applicable in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya. For NRIs, passport number is required for the same.
• At the time of filling application form of NEET, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database.