Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: The Office of the Commissioner of Police, Kolkata has invited candidates including both men/women for Civic Volunteer posts in Kolkata Police.
Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: The Office of the Commissioner of Police, Kolkata has invited candidates including both men/women for Civic Volunteer posts in Kolkata Police. A total of 700 Civic Volunteer posts are on offer by the Kolkata Police. Interested candidates can check the important recruitment details mentioned below for knowing about the recruitment process. The last date and time for receipt of the applications is January 25th, 2018 by 5 PM, according to the notification released for the recruitment. No application will be received after the last date and time of receipt of application. Incomplete applications without required documents as laid down in para D (a) are liable to be rejected.
Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: Post details-
- Unit in Charge: DC(I) TP, Kolkata
- Deployment in Unit: Traffic Department, Kolkata Police
- Distribution of Civic Volunteers: To be distributed in different Traffic Guards by O/C, Traffic Training School, Kolkata
- Number of Civic Volunteers: 700
- Head of Selection Board& Office address: Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic Department, Kolkata
Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: Eligibility Criteria-
1.Preferably a resident of the area under Traffic Guard where they will be deployed.
2.Minimum age of the applicant should be 20 years (as on 1stJanuary, 2018) and maximum age is 60 years.
3.Minimum Educational Qualification: Class-VIII.
4.Preference would be given to the applicants who have done well in sports and have experience as NCC Cadet / Boy Scouts / NSS Guide / Civil Defence Volunteers etc.
5.Should not have any criminal record against him / her in any Police Station.
6.Should be physically and mentally fit.
Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: Selection process-
1. Applicants will collect the application form on all days from Traffic Training School, 8, Tarashankar Sarani, Kolkata 700 037 (Near Tala Park) and submit the application with enclosures at the same place after filling the application form properly. The proforma for the application form is attached atappendix-A.
2. The selection of Civic Volunteers for engagement will be done through an interview by a selection committee comprising Deputy Commissionerof Police (I), Traffic, Kolkata as Chairman alongwith one Assistant Commissioner of Police and one Inspector of Police both working under Deputy Commissioner of Police (I), Traffic, Kolkata as members.
3. Each volunteer will have to undergo a 2 weeks’training course Organized by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Home Guard Organization, Kolkata.
Kolkata Police Recruitment 2018: How to Apply-
1. Prescribed format of application should be printed on white A-4 size paper only. The following documents shall have to be attached with the application:-
- Self attested copy of identity proof. (PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License / Voter Card / Bank Passbook with photograph / Aadhaar Card / e-Aadhaar Card with a photograph)
- Self attested copy of proof of address. (Voter Card / Aadhaar Card / e-Aadhaar Card with photograph / Passport / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Electric Bill / Telephone Bill)
- One copy of recent passport size,self attested photograph to be pasted on the right top of the application.
- Self attested copy of proof of age
- Self attested copy of educational testimonials.
2. All the original documents as mentioned above will be verified at the time of engagement.The application form duly filled in along with the prescribed documents should be submitted personally (not by post or any other means) in the DROP BOX kept in the Traffic Training School, Kolkata. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIC VOLUNTEER”. No application will be received at any address other than the above mentioned addresses.