ISRO recruitment 2017: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, one of the major space research centres of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has announced 34 vacancies under various departments at vssc.gov.in. According to the official notification, various posts under Technical Assistant — Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science– Scientific Assistant and Junior Hindi translator will be filled in this recruitment drive. Candidates who are interested can now apply visiting the official website. The last date to apply for ISRO jobs is 23-10-2017 till 5:00 pm. The space organization has said the vacancies may vary depending upon the actual requirement and it reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it decides so.
Here are the details of ISRO recruitment 2017 government jobs vacancies:
1. Technical Assistant:
A. Electronics– 12 posts (UR-07 OBC-04 SC-01 HH-01).
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
B. Mechanical– 11 posts (UR-07 OBC-03 SC-01)
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
C. Chemical– 2 posts (UR-01 OBC-01)
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Chemical Engineering
D. Civil– 1 post (UR-01)
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Civil Engineering.
E. Computer Science– 01 post [UR-01 VH=01(Low Vision)]
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering.
F. Instrumentation- 01 post (UR-01)
Qualification required– First Class Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering
2. Scientific Assistant
A. Chemistry- 4 posts (UR-03 OBC-01)
Qualification required– First Class B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry.
3. Junior Hindi Translator- 1 post
Qualification required- Master’s degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level OR Master’s degree from a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level.
Here are some of the important things to know about ISRO jobs:
1. The Candidates appointed under PWD quota will be adjusted against the vacancy of respective categories of SC/OBC/Un-reserved. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxation as permissible under rules.
2. Persons with Disability (PWD) can apply to the posts suitable to them even if the post is not reserved for them. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit.
3. The above vacancies may vary depending upon the actual requirement.
4. The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.