IBPS clerk 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection recently announced that the online examination (Prelim and mains) would tentatively be held in December 2017 and January 2018.
IBPS clerk 2017: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection recently announced that the online examination (Prelim and mains) would tentatively be held in December 2017 and January 2018. The institute has also released the official notification inviting application from candidates who wish to apply for the upcoming Common Recruitment Process for the selection of personnel for Clerical cadre Posts in the Participating Organisation.
With only four months to go for the exam, the candidates are studying full swing to crack the exam. If you are one of those who has applied for the exam, here’s a point to point guide to crack it:
1) Familiarise yourself with the exam pattern: It is not enough for the candidates to know the syllabus and study hard, students will have to study smart in order to crack the exam. Familiarise yourself with the exam pattern and finish those subjects first which have more weightage. In the IBPS clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern, Reasoning Ability Paper, and Numerical Ability Paper have 35 marks weightage each, the language paper, however, has 30 marks weightage. Prelims exam contains 100 questions of 100 marks, where as the Mains are for 200 marks.
2) Time yourself: Since the maximum time allotted to the students for the Prelims is 1 hour, the students must make sure they not only get the answers right but also complete the exam on time.
3) Marking concept: Students must be aware of the marking concept of IBPS examination before hand. According to ibpsrecruitment.in, 0.25 marks from total score for every wrong answer would be deducted. Candidates thus have to be very careful while marking answers for the questions they are not sure about.
4) Give mock test: It is extremely important for the students to give mock tests before the exam. Going through the syllabus and just learning facts would be of no use if the candidates do not practice giving the exam. Candidates can get their hands on the mock test through the official website ibps.in.
5) Innovative learning: There are several education applications on android and app store which the candidates can download. From English language to general awareness, the apps can help candidates with most of the subjects.
IBPS Clerk Prelims
In prelims, Reasoning Ability Paper will contain 35 questions of 1 mark each, Numerical Ability Paper will also contain 35 questions of 1 mark each and English Language Paper will contain 30 questions of 1 mark each. Students will have 35 minutes each to crack Reasoning Ability Paper and Numerical Ability Paper. Where as for English Language Paper, they will have 30 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Mains Pattern
The Main Exam IBPS has 4 sections: General Awareness, English Language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude and Quantitative Ability. Where General Awareness will have 50 questions of 1 marks each, English Language would contain 40 questions of 1 mark each. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude will have 50 questions and would be of 60 marks in total. In Quantitative Ability section, students will get 50 questions which will in total carry 60 marks. A separate time limit is set for each section. Where students will get 35 minutes each for General awareness and English language, they will get 45 minutes each to crack Reasoning & Computer Aptitude and Quantitative Ability section.