The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee has declared the results for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 on its official website. Candidates can now check their GATE 2017 score cards that are available on appsgate.iitr.ac.in until May 5. This year, IIT Roorkee conducted the examination in two sessions on two days, i.e. on February 4 & February 5 and then on February 11 & February 12. While 8,18,850 aspirants registered for GATE 2016, this year over 9.23 lakh applied for GATE 2017. In the last few years, GATE scores are also being considered for recruitment in government organisations.
GATE 2017 Scorecard:
Check your GATE score card by following the below-mentioned steps-
- Visit the official website of GATE at appsgate.iitr.ac.in
- Once in, enter your enrollment id/email address and password
- Enter the captcha and click on submit
- Your results will be displayed on the screen
- Take a print out of your result for future reference
IIT conducts GATE in 23 different disciplines of engineering and science subjects, the scores of which is calculated out of 100. Check out the cut-off of GATE 2016 (as reported by the Indian Express) to get an idea about this year’s cut-offs-
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) ) — general category (26.6), OBC (29.6), SC/ST/PWD (19.7).
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC) — general category (25.1), OBC (22.5), SC/ST/PWD (16.7).
- Electrical Engineering (EE) — general category (25), OBC (22.5), SC/ST/PWD (16.6).
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) — general category (25), OBC (22.5), SC/ST/PWD (16.6).
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN) — general category (31.6), OBC (28.4), SC/ST/PWD (21).
- Civil Engineering (CE) — general category (22.5), OBC (22.5), SC/ST/PWD (16.6).
- Chemical Engineering (CH) — general category (29.7), OBC (33.1), SC/ST/PWD (22).
- Biotechnology (BT) — general category (27), OBC (24.3), SC/ST/PWD (18)