Delhi University admissions 2016: Delhi University (DU) started the process of admission to over 60,000 seats in undergraduate courses on Wednesday on its official website du.ac.in.
Delhi University admissions 2016: Delhi University (DU) started the process of admission to over 60,000 seats in undergraduate courses on Wednesday on its official website du.ac.in. The online registration process will continue till June 19. The first cut-off list will be announced on June 27 and unlike previous years, the DU will release only five cut-off lists. Students just need to log into the website, register and fill the application form. A completely paperless admissions process has been implemented this year from registration to online submission of fees. Here are top 10 points to know about Delhi University admissions 2016:
1. Delhi University admissions 2016: The students will have three days to complete the enrollment process following publication of each list. The merit lists for the remaining seats after admissions conclude for the fifth cut-off, will be announced by respective colleges.
2. The centralised Optical Mark Recognition (OMR)forms will be available on official website and students will have to make the payment through Internet banking. The fee for General category students is Rs 100 whereas for SC/ST students the admission form will cost Rs 50.
3. The online registration process began at 12 noon on Wednesday and will continue till June 19. The first cut-off list – marks which students need to be eligible for admission to a college – will be announced on June 27.
4. Unlike previous years when multiple cut-offs were announced, the university will release only five cut-off lists this year. The second cut-offs will be out on July 1, the third on July 7 and the next two on July 12 and July 16.
5. After registering themselves on the university’s admission portal, the students will be required to upload “self-attested and scanned” copies of their documents, following instructions given on the website.
6. After a cut-off list is announced, students will log into their registered account and see what courses and colleges they are eligible to apply for, make their selection and then take a print-out of the admission form. They will then be required to report to the college with the application form and original documents which the admission committees of the respective colleges will verify. Fees will be deposited online too.
7. A student who takes admission after the first list cannot secure a seat in another college after the second list without cancelling the previous admission.
8. Nearly 2.85-lakh students applied last year for admission to the prestigious university.
9. There will be a 2.5% penalty in marks for candidates changing streams while applying to colleges.
10. A number of tests are going to be held by various institutes. A joint admission test will be conducted for the bachelor of management studies programme in six colleges. Applicants will have to clear an entrance test for bachelor of business administration (financial investment analysis) at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies. Admission to the BA (hons) business economics at 10 colleges will also be through an entrance test.