Amid uncertainty over the announcement of class XII CBSE results following a Delhi High Court order, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today said the board will declare the results on time and that students need not panic.
Amid uncertainty over the announcement of class XII CBSE results following a Delhi High Court order, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today said the board will declare the results on time and that students need not panic. “It is natural that students across the country are eagerly awaiting their results. I want to tell them that there is no need to panic as CBSE will declare the results on time. No one should be worried,” Javadekar told reporters here at Mahatma Mandir.
He was here to take part in a seminar on skill development at the annual meeting of African Development Bank (ADB).
Uncertainty prevails over the announcement of class XII CBSE results following the High Court order allowing continuation of the Board’s moderation policy on extra marks which was scrapped last month.
In its order on Tuesday, the high court had termed as “unfair and irresponsible” the Board’s decision to scrap its ‘moderation policy’ under which grace marks are given to students in exams for difficult questions and had asked why it cannot be implemented from the next year.
Referring to the moderation policy in question, the minister said the CBSE is not making any major changes to the current system.
“We are not bringing in any major changes in the current system. I want to assure everyone that no injustice will be done. As far as the court order goes, we are looking into the matter and trying to sort out the issue. There is no need to worry,” Javadekar said.
Sources in the government had said that the CBSE will file a special leave petition in the Supreme Court justifying its decision to scrap the moderation policy. At a high-level meeting chaired by Javadekar yesterday, it was decided that the Board will take a legal opinion before deciding on its future course of action.
Commenting on the petitions filed in different high courts, including of Gujarat, requesting stay on NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) result, Javadekar said he had held a discussion on the issue with Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama.
Around 40 parents of students from Gujarat, who had taken the NEET in Gujarati language, had filed a petition in the high court yesterday for holding the exam afresh, contending that the question papers in Gujarati were more difficult than those in English.
“I had a talk with Chudasama on the issue of NEET. I just want to give an assurance that students who gave the exam in languages other than English will not (be) at any kind of loss. There is a set system of examination and no one will be subjected to injustice,” said Javadekar.
Yesterday, the Madras High Court had granted an interim stay on the publication of result of the NEET for admission to MBBS and BDS courses for the academic year 2017 across the country.