The total amount of Rs 100.29 crore earned during the current year shows an increase of 13.99 per cent when compared with the ticket checking earnings of Rs 87.98 crore registered during the last year's corresponding period.
Indian Railways earns big revenue from ticketless and irregular travellers! The Central Railway zone in its endeavour to provide better passenger services as well as to curb the menace of ticketless travel on trains has intensified the campaign against ticketless and irregular travel of passengers. During the current year i.e. from 1 April 2019 to 24 September 2019, the Central Railway zone has already earned over Rs 100 crore in ticket checking earnings. The total amount of Rs 100.29 crore earned during the current year shows an increase of 13.99 per cent when compared with the ticket checking earnings of Rs 87.98 crore registered during the last year’s corresponding period.
According to a press release issued by the Central Railways, the earnings generated from 19.15 lakh irregular travel cases registered during the current financial year also shows an increase of 9.92 per cent over 17.42 lakh irregular travel cases registered during the last year’s corresponding period. The Central Railways’ division-wise earnings and cases registered as on 24 September 2019 are as follows:
- Great job! Top 5 steps by Indian Railways - trains into isolation wards, IRCTC meals, essential supplies & more
- Indian Railways' Western zone suffers big loss due to train cancellations; details here
- Train berths, bathing rooms, toilets & more: Indian Railways readies 20,000 coaches with 3.2 lakh beds; 10 facts
- The Mumbai Division earned Rs 41.21 crore as against 8.13 lakh registered cases
- The Bhusaval Division earned Rs 17.00 crore as against 2.83 lakh registered cases
- The Nagpur Division earned Rs 10.46 crore as against 2.31 lakh registered cases
- The Pune Division earned Rs 8.79 crore as against 1.72 lakh registered cases
- The Solapur Division earned Rs 12.95 crore as against 2.70 lakh registered cases
- The Head Quarters squad earned Rs 9.88 crore as against 1.45 lakh registered cases
Watch Video- Tejas Express exclusive review: IRCTC Lucknow-Delhi business train is awesome!
According to the zone, the Central Railways’ staff while performing the ticket checking duties has apprehended six fake ticket checkers, four fake police personnel as well as one fake catering staff. Meanwhile, the ticket checking staff has also helped to unite lost children with their parents as well as exhibited utmost courtesy and civil behavior leading to a reduction in complaints significantly. The Central Railway zone also appeals to the public to travel with proper and authorized railway tickets in order to avoid inconvenience.