Severe cold wave conditions with dense fog have continued to disrupt normal life in North India. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an orange alert for certain parts of the region. In an advisory, the Met office has asked the people to remain indoors. It further asked the people to maintain adequate immunity by eating vitamin C-rich fruits, having vegetables and drinking sufficient warm fluids.
Also Read: IRCTC’s Bharat Gaurav train to begin journey for ’05 Jyotirlinga Yatra’ – Know fare, steps to book and other details
On Sunday, the national capital recorded a minimum temperature of 1.9 degrees Celsius with lower visibility. The prevailing weather conditions further affected the movement of air, road, and rail traffic.
The Delhi airport has asked the passengers to contact the concerned airline for updated flight information. In a tweet, the Delhi Airport said, “While landings and take offs continue at Delhi airport, flights that are not CAT III A compliant may get affected. Passengers are requested to contact the airline concerned for updated flight information. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.”
Meanwhile, over 400 trains including Rajdhani Express have been affected due to the fog.
List of few long-distance trains running more than four hours late in Northern Railway zone –
- 12801 Puri – New Delhi Purushottam Express
- 12397 Gaya – New Delhi Mahabodhi Express
- 12565 Darbhanga – New Delhi Bihar Sampark Kranti Express
- 12303 Howrah – New Delhi Poorva Express
- 11057 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus – Amritsar Express
Also Read: What is ‘One Station One Product’ scheme? How many stations are covered? All details inside
- 15658 Kamakhya – Delhi Brahmaputra Mail
- 14205 Pratapgarh – Delhi Padmavat Express
- 12721 Hyderabad Deccan Nampally – Hazrat Nizamuddin Dakshin Superfast Express
- 12919 Dr Ambedkar Nagar – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Malwa Superfast Express
- 18238 Amritsar – Bilaspur Chhattisgarh Express
The passengers are advised to check the train status before starting their journey towards railway stations. One can check the train status by downloading NTES (National Train Enquiry System) application from Google Play store. Apart from this, one can also call 139.