All zonal railway networks across the country have made plans to run special trains on the basis of waiting lists, within the regular train operations. The special train services will begin from the festival of Dussehra.
Indian Railways big gift passengers! Piyush Goyal-led Indian Railways has made special arrangements for the upcoming festive season of Dussehra, Diwali and Chhath Puja. In order to cater to the huge rush of passengers during the upcoming festive season, the Railway Ministry has directed to begin services of running special trains across the Indian Railways network. According to a Rashtriya Sahara report, Indian Railways has arranged for over 50 lakh new additional berths during the festive season, for the ease and convenience of passengers. In this regard, all zonal railway networks across the country have made plans to run special trains on the basis of waiting lists, within the regular train operations. As many as 177 special train services will begin from prominent railway stations across the country, which will complete as many as 4081 journeys during the upcoming festive season.
Generally, during the festive months of Chhath Puja, Dussehra and Diwali, Indian Railways passengers are not able to get train tickets even through waiting lists. The berths of trains during these months are booked almost four months in advance, due to the excess demand. The special train services will begin from the prominent railway stations of all zonal railway networks from the festival of Dussehra.
WATCH VIDEO | Bhubaneswar railway station: World-class, swanky transport hub coming up soon!
Special train services will begin from metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai to destinations such as Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Bihar. The full list of all Indian Railway zones which will run special train services with their total number of journeys are as follows:
- Northern Railways will run 32 special trains with 466 journeys
- North Central Railway will run 6 special trains with 156 journeys
- North Eastern Railway will run 3 special trains with 36 journeys
- Northeast Frontier Railway will run 3 special trains with 60 journeys
- North Western Railway will run 15 special trains with 472 journeys
- Eastern Railway will run 9 special trains with 76 journeys
- East Central Railway will run 4 special trains with 16 journeys
- East Coast Railway will run 6 special trains with 130 journeys
- Southern Railway will run 19 special trains with 464 journeys
- South Central Railway will run 14 special trains with 354 journeys
- South Eastern Railways will run 8 special trains with 160 journeys
- South East Central Railways will run 1 special train with 2 journeys
- South Western Railway will run 13 special trains with 910 journeys
- Central Railway will run 17 special trains with 126 journeys
- Western Railway will run 16 special trains with 298 journeys
- West Central Railway will run 11 special trains with 355 journeys
Hence, Indian Railways has planned to run a total number of 177 special train services with as many as 4081 journeys