In view of the covid situation, steps have been taken by the Corporation to check the spread of Covid-19 during travel.
Good news for Lucknow Metro commuters! The Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited has announced that the services of Lucknow Metro will resume on Wednesday. In view of the covid situation, steps have been taken by the Corporation to check the spread of Covid-19 during travel. According to an IE report, the UPMRC issued a statement on Tuesday saying that Lucknow Metro, ‘the Safest Mode of Travel’, is restarting its operations on 9 June 2021 for the public. Lucknow Metro train services will be available for commuters from 7:00 AM and the last train will depart at 7:00 PM from both the terminal stations- CCS airport station and Munshipulia station. To provide the safest travel experience to its commuters since the first wave of the pandemic last year, stringent steps have been taken by the Lucknow Metro, the UPMRC claimed.
According to the statement issued by UPMRC, because of the measures taken by the Lucknow Metro, it was registered the fastest ridership recovery post pandemic induced lockdown in the country. This time, the Lucknow Metro rail network has put special emphasis on contactless travel, social distancing, hygiene, sanitization, and cleanliness, the statement from UPMRC added. Following are some mandatory guidelines as mentioned on the UPMRC official website, for commuters to follow at metro premises and trains:
- Second COVID-19 wave: Here's how NHAI, contractors made workers stay back
- Boost to Digital India! Indian Railways' all 15 Kashmir Valley stations get integrated with rail WiFi network
- Jal Jeevan Mission: About 7.99 lakh households in Assam have tap water connections, rise of 10 pc from 2019, says govt
- Each and every commuter must wear face mask
- It has been made mandatory for all commuters of Lucknow Metro to have Aarogya Setu app on their mobile phones
- Before stepping into metro premises, everyone must go through Thermal Screening
- Inside the train, one should be sitting with a gap of a seat with its fellow passenger
- Only two people are allowed at a time to use the lifts
- To maintain social distance, everyone must follow the marking at the stations
- If needed, one should seek help of metro staff