Vuclip, the leading premium mobile video on demand ...
Vuclip, the leading premium mobile video on demand (VOD) service for emerging markets, has today released its Global Video Insights (GVI) from a survey it conducted of more than 8,500 users spanning the emerging markets of India, the Middle East, South East Asia and Africa. The survey responses reveal a growing propensity among mobile video consumers to view and navigate videos in their native languages on a single over-the-top (OTT) mobile app that also enables them to consume international content at length.
Key Insights of the Vuclip GVI Survey Relevant to India
Localized Content takes Centre Stage
- Though movies and television shows account for around 80% of the International content consumed on the Vuclip platform, 78% of Vuclip viewers in India have shown preference to watching content in their native language.
- Hindi videos constitute over 40% of viewership traffic in India. Videos in languages such as Tamil (8%) Telugu (6%) Bengali (4%) and Marathi (4%) are also seeing increased traction.
Preference for an ‘All in One’ Mobile Video App that Speaks the Viewer’s Language
- 80% of survey respondents in India weighed in strongly that they preferred a single over-the-top (OTT) app for finding both regional and international video content.
- 79% of survey respondents in India indicated their preference for mobile video apps to enable better video discovery through navigation in native languages.
Key Insights of the Vuclip GVI Survey Relevant to Other Emerging Markets
- Thailand (88%) and Indonesia (87%) registered the highest preference for ‘Localized’ mobile video content, while Malaysia (64%) registered the lowest among the markets surveyed.
- Navigation in native languages was considered most important in countries such as Indonesia (89%), Egypt (87%) and Thailand (86%).
- Respondents in Indonesia (91%), Kenya (90%) and Nigeria (90%) considered an aggregated mobile video platform/ app important for accessing international and local content rather than downloading multiple apps.
Commenting on the survey insights, Arun Prakash, COO, Vuclip said, “A diversified content catalogue coupled with an unparalleled viewing experience is what the mobile video viewer wants and what Vuclip has been successfully delivering over the last 7 years. The insights validate the importance of catering to the diverse entertainment needs of our subscribers from Asia to Africa. Creating a strong video library backed by gamut of content in regional languages would play a key role in broadening the subscriber base of VOD players.”
Top 5 Mobile Video Searches by Language
1. Katrina Kaif
2. Romantic Songs
3. Comedy Nights
4. ShahRukh Khan
5. Movie trailers
4.Vai Raja Vai
5. Mental Manadhil
2. Ok Bangaram
1. Swastika Mukherjee
2. Bengali Movies
2. Hi PorgiSajukTupatali
3. BhaskarThe Rascal Mammooty
1.YoYo Honey Singh
2.Jatt and Juliet
4. Punjabi full movies
5. Punjabi pop songs
The trend statistics in this report were gathered in April 2015 from more than 8,500 Vuclip users in Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates. Users were provided with multiple-choice questions and had the option to opt out. No incentives were provided for responding. The information gathered for the top searches comes as a result of our ability to collect anonymous information about what users are searching for, the handsets they are using and the country they’re in. When we aggregate that data, it makes for a compelling snapshot of trends in the mobile world.
Vuclip is the leading premium mobile video on demand service for emerging markets with more than 7 million subscribers per quarter across six different countries. Through strategic partnerships with more than 200 top studios around the world, Vuclip brings to subscribers blockbuster Hollywood and regional movies, TV shows and music videos in 20 different languages. Vuclip’s Dynamic Adaptive Transcoding™ provides an amazing unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network. Vuclip and its subsidiaries are headquartered in Milpitas, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok.