• Rajasthan

    Cong 99
    BJP 73
    RLM 3
    OTH 24
  • Madhya Pradesh

    Cong 114
    BJP 109
    BSP 2
    OTH 5
  • Chhattisgarh

    Cong 67
    BJP 15
    JCC 7
    OTH 0
  • Telangana

    TRS-AIMIM 95
    TDP-Cong 21
    BJP 1
    OTH 2
  • Mizoram

    MNF 26
    Cong 5
    BJP 1
    OTH 8

* Total Tally Reflects Leads + Wins

Through demonetisation, PM Modi turned every thief’s black money into white: Rahul Gandhi

By: | Updated: September 8, 2017 8:24 PM

“Maybe Modi didn’t like the design of (the old) Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes,” the Congress leader said taking a jibe at the prime minister.

 Rahul Gandhi, demonetisation, PM Narendra Modi,  Rahul Gandhi demonetisation narendra modi(Reuters)“The ‘success’ of demonetisation is that Modi turned black money of every ‘chor’ (thief) in India into white,” Rahul Gandhi said. (Reuters)

Slamming Prime Minister for his demonetisation decision, Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said that PM Narendra Modi turned black money of every chor (thief) into white by scrapping Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes. “The ‘success’ of demonetisation is that Modi turned black money of every ‘chor’ (thief) in India into white,” Rahul Gandhi said. The Congress vice-president added that he was unable to comprehend how the idea struck him, reported PTI. “Nobody knows how the idea of demonetisation crept into Modi’s mind. The RBI didn’t know, the chief economist didn’t know, and neither was Raghuram Rajan (then RBI chief) aware,” Gandhi was quoted as saying by PTI. He made his remarks while addressing a ‘sangharsh’ rally in Parbhani, Maharashtra. “Maybe Modi didn’t like the design of (the old) Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes,” the Congress leader said taking a jibe at the prime minister.

Gandhi said that Modi was laughing while saying that from midnight of November 8 last year these notes will become scrap, adding, that people trusted the prime minister as they thought there must be some logic behind demonetisation. Rahul Gandhi ridiculed the idea that PM launched demonetisation to get rid of black money. He said that almost 90 per cent of black money lay invested in land, gold, real estate, and in Swiss banks. But he went after the other 10 per cent and not after those 90 per cent. The Congress leader said that Bharatiya Janata Party-led governments work for 50-60 big industrialists, adding it is not bothered about the plight of farmers.

“The Rs 35,000 crore loan waiver announced by the BJP-led government in Maharashtra is only a Rs 5,000 crore loan waiver in reality,” Gandhi said. Making shocking claims, Rahul Gandhi said that over 9,000 farmers have ended their lives in Maharashtra in the last three years. The Congress vice president had also interacted with farmers at Erandeshwar, and also held discussions with traders on GST at Parbhani before the rally.

 

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Switch to Hindi Edition