After Hours with Anirudh Dhoot, Director, Videocon
1. The job: From juggling meetings in different parts of the world to personally overseeing manufacturing units, my journey with Videocon has been quite action packed. Every day has been challenging and the possibilities are endless. Videocon has transformed me into a business leader over the course of 16 years. On the job, I am a man of system and punctuality. There is no scope for tardiness in my book, whether it’s an input deadline, quality of work or being late. My vision is to build Videocon as a world class brand and take it to newer heights.
2. The weekdays: My day begins with a short prayer followed by my daily dose of news around the world. Being a health enthusiast, I try to squeeze out 30-45 minutes every day to hit the gym. While traveling to office, I set my day’s agenda. The first half of the day usually goes by in meetings and the second half is occupied by reviewing plans and approving documents. After ticking my day’s checklist I call it a day by 8:30 pm. My day ends with a quick catch up on the news or some reading.
3. The weekend: I am committed to spend my weekends with my family, if I’m not travelling. Weekends are the time when I would go out for a movie with them or catch up with old friends for lunch or dinner. The best thing about the weekend is the time that I spend with my son. We usually play cricket and I must say he is a fast learner.
Like me he has a knack for sports. I also like to explore new places with my family. Recently we went to Dubai for New Year’s celebration which was an amazing experience.
4. The toys: I become restless every time a new Apple product comes out. You can call me an Apple fan. Closest to my heart is my iPad Mini. I have just recently bought the new Apple iPhone 6 and I’m extremely captivated by its performance. Even my son loves playing games on it.
5. The logos: Armani, Louis Vuitton and Hermes are the brands that I swear by. One can usually spot me in these brands. My favourite car is Pajero. Its sturdy performance and sporty looks complement me completely. When it comes to food, I am a big-time fan of Japanese cuisine. Megu at The Leela Palace is my go-to restaurant.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha