The second round of Xiaomi Mi 4 sales is being held on Flipkart at 2 pm today and the $45-billion Chinese smartphone maker...
The second round of Xiaomi Mi 4 sales is being held on Flipkart at 2 pm today and the $45-billion Chinese smartphone maker has made 35,000 handsets available for this round. The registration for the sale has already closed
With more than 3.5 lakh registrations for Xiaomi Mi 4 on its maiden sale on February 10, the company had sold out stocks in 15 seconds flat.
- Redmi Smart TV 32 and 43-inch with Android TV 11, Dolby Audio support launched in India; price starts at Rs 15,999
- CCI probe finds Google guilty of anti-competitive practices in mobile OS market, report says
- EXCLUSIVE | From Credit Line Cards to SME and gold loans, how Xiaomi plans to ‘double down’ on financial services in India
The 5-inch phone will be available on flash sale every Tuesday through the company’s exclusive channel partner Flipkart.
Though Xiaomi has again managed to deliver a jaw-dropping spec sheet with its Mi 4 smartphone, it has failed to impress with the price tag like before. Many feel the phone, which is almost a year old, is over-priced in India, given the limited 12GB internal storage available to the user and the lack of 4G support. It would have been a better deal if Xiaomi offered the 64GB 4G variant of the Mi 4 smartphone at Rs 19,999. That would have been a real Xiaomi product at a Xiaomi price.
Specs-wise, Xiaomi Mi 4 is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor and is equipped with 3GB of RAM and runs on a heavy duty 3080 mAh battery. It features a 13MP rear camera (4K video recording) and 8M front camera. The device, priced at Rs 9,999, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8928, Quad-core 1.6GHz processor and 3100mAh Lithium-ion Polymer battery. It has 2GB RAM + 8GB Flash Memory and 5.5 inch HD IPS display.
Mi 4 also includes a 13-megapixel rear camera, and an impressive wide-angle (80 degree) front-facing camera of 8 megapixels, both with an unprecedented f1.8 aperture.
For those who came in late, Xiaomi entered India with online retailer Flipkart.com in July last year, selling phones through flash sales whereby availability is limited to short time frames. The online strategy cuts down on marketing and distribution costs, allowing Xiaomi to sell feature-rich phones at low prices.
Xiaomi Mi 4 Specifications:
* Display: 5-inch HD IPS LCD display
* Resolution: 1920 x 1080p Full HD (441 ppi)
* Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
* Operating system: MIUI 6 based on Android 4.4.4
* Memory & storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash memory
* Camera: 13 MP (rear); 8 MP front camera
* Battery: 3080 mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery
Price: Rs 19,999