Ties up with rivals Snapdeal & Amazon
Chinese mobile phone maker Xiaomi, which launched its devices in India last year through an exclusive partnership with Flipkart, has now tied up with Flipkart’s rivals Snapdeal and Amazon, bringing the exclusive tie-up with the e-tailer to an end. Xiaomi will, however, continue to sell its phone on Flipkart.
Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain on Tuesday tweeted about the company’s latest tie-ups, to mark the completion of five years of operation. Xiaomi phones will also be available on brick and mortar channels like the Airtel India stores and The Mobile Store.
“To mark this special occasion, we are announcing two new partnerships with @Snapdeal n @amazonIN 🙂 #MiFanFest..This means u can now purchase your favourite Mi products from @Flipkart, @Snapdeal, @amazonIN, @themobilestores, and @airtelindia stores,” Jain tweeted, adding that the mobile phone maker will unveil a plethora of offers on Wednesday to mark the fifth anniversary. The offers, wherein all Mi 4 models will be available at a discount of R2,000 while Redmi Note 4G will come with a free Mi power bank or Mi in-ear headphones, will start from noon and continue till midnight. Besides, Redmi 2, Mi Pad and other products will be available on all platforms without any registration.
Xioami launched its products on Flipkart in July last year with the Mi3 phones. Since then, it has launched a string of models. The company has been gaining significant traction in India, gaining about 4% of the smartphone market share in the last quarter of 2014, said an IDC report. In December last year, Xioami had raised about $1.1 billion at a valuation of $45 billion from investors like All-Stars Investment, DST, GIC, Hopu Fund and Yunfeng Capital, among others.
* Chinese mobile phone maker had launched its devices in India in July last year through an exclusive partnership with Flipkart
* Xiaomi will, however, continue to sell its phone on India’s biggest online marketplace — Flipkart
* Phones will also be available on brick and mortar channels like the Airtel India stores and
The Mobile Store
* The mobile phone maker will unveil a plethora of offers on Wednesday to mark the fifth anniversary
* In December last year, it had raised about $1.1 bn at a valuation of $45 bn from investors like All-Stars Investment, DST, GIC, Hopu Fund and Yunfeng Capital