​​​
  1. Video of Samsung mobile phone exploding in man’s pocket goes viral; company says he was not using Samsung battery

Video of Samsung mobile phone exploding in man’s pocket goes viral; company says he was not using Samsung battery

It was a big shock for a man when a Samsung phone exploded in his shirt's pocket. The man’s shirt caught fire after the explosion in Samsung phone.

By: | Updated: October 9, 2017 5:10 PM
Samsung Grand Duos, samsung mobile phones, explosion, samsung, ChannelNewsAsia, cctv video, samsung mobile explosion Believe it or not but this really happened. (Photo from YouTube)

Believe it or not but this really happened. It was a big shock for a man when a Samsung phone exploded in his shirt’s pocket. The man’s shirt caught fire after the explosion in Samsung phone. The phone was kept in man’s shirt pocket. The shocking incident took place inside Hotel Ciputra Semarang in the city of Semarang, Central Java of Indonesia, according to a report in ChannelNewsAsia. However, Samsung had earlier told CNET that the man was using a non-Samsung battery. The CCTV camera video of the incident shows 47-year-old Yulianto falling onto the ground after his shirt caught fire due to the explosion. He works as a concierge supervisor and was standing in the hotel lobby when the incident happened. The unfortunate incident took place on September 30. The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model.

What Samsung has to say?

Reacting to the news reports of the explosion, a Samsung Electronics spokesperson said, “From a thorough investigation, we have found that the battery used in the device was not manufactured by Samsung or a company authorized by Samsung. We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery and strongly recommend to all our consumers to use Samsung genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products. Samsung is committed to providing consumers with safe and pleasant user experience enhanced by strict quality controls and high safety standards.”

The CCTV footage has gone viral. WATCH:-

VIDEO ON FB by Channel NewsAsia:-

 

Last year, Samsung had to deal with the fallout of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones over battery issue and the subsequent recall. The South Korean electronics giant on September 2 suspended sales of its then flagship smartphone and announced a recall of 2.5 million units already sold, after faulty batteries caused some handsets to explode.

Recently, Samsung was in the news for Galaxy Note 8 India launch. Also, during promotional campaign, Samsung had also mentioned its own ‘Make For India’ initiative as well.

(NOTE: FE doesn’t vouch for the authenticity of the video)

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Go to Top