Taxi booking app Uber on Thursday announced the launch of its two new services 'Dial an Uber' and 'Request a Ride for Others', which will allow users to book a cab even without the installing the app in their smartphones.
Taxi booking app Uber on Thursday announced the launch of its two new services ‘Dial an Uber’ and ‘Request a Ride for Others’, which will allow users to book a cab even without the installing the app in their smartphones.
“We are excited to launch ‘Dial an Uber’ and ‘Request a Ride for Others’ for riders in India. Designed to offer simple and more convenient ways to book a ride, these India-first innovations are testament to Uber’s focus on using its technological prowess to make mobility reliable and accessible for everyone”, said Apurva Dalal, Head of Engineering, Uber India at the launch event.
Dial an Uber
The ‘Dial an Uber’ service is currently rolled out in four cities-Nagpur, Kochi, Guwahati, and Jodhpur. The new feature makes it possible for everyone to have access to UberGO rides. The feature aims to target users facing issues like slow or no internet access. Unlike the app, which demands for a minimum balance of Rs. 200 in Paytm wallet, the users can pay in cash with this option.
Here is how it works:
1. Log on to dial.uber.com on mobile phone browser
2. Enter your mobile number to login or sign-up
3. You will see the pricing information and fare estimate. From here, you can request a ride with a single tap
4. As happens in the App service, instantly get connected with driver over call to coordinate pickup
5. Unlike the App, which asks for a minimum balance of Rs. 200 in PayTM wallet, the users can pay in cash with this option.
Request a Ride for Others
The ‘Request a Ride for Others’ feature allows users to book ride for their families. For this one, the users need to have the Uber app.
Here is how does it works:
1. Set your pin or manually enter the pickup location of the person you are requesting for.
2. At the bottom of the screen you will see an option to choose any of your contacts. You may quickly choose from recently used contacts, pick from your contact list, or enter a new number.
3. You may select the ‘rider pay in cash’ option where the riders will be liable to pay the charge, or may also make the payment electronically.
4. After booking the cab, the rider will get two SMSes with driver/car information and a link to track the ride. The driver will be given the contact details of the rider phone number to contact them directly.