Tata Motors and Microsoft India have announced a partnership to bring new driving experiences for customers in the country. The aim for the tie-up between Microsoft and Tata Motors is to make automobiles for the future.
Tata Motors and Microsoft India have announced a partnership to bring new driving experiences for customers in the country. The aim for the tie-up between Microsoft and Tata Motors is to make automobiles for the future. Tata Motors is the biggest automobile company in India and has subsidiaries in countries like UK, South Africa, Thailand, South Korea and Indonesia. Microsoft, the global tech giant has been innovating in every sector imaginable and now foraying into the smart cars section. Tata Motors vehicles will offer drivers and passengers a highly digital driving experience, in the future. The aim of this deal, according to Tata Motors is to build a fully connected ecosystem which can be integrated into the lives of users. Microsoft said that this partnership will result in a ‘safe, productive and fun’ driving experience and that too at affordable prices. It said that Tata will keep developing and unveiling connected services and apps enabling customers to stay connected to ‘work, entertainment and social networks’. This will also ensure more safety and security.
Here are the most important features that the Tata Motors and Microsoft tie-up will do and is planning to achieve:
1. Tata Motors will be leveraging the connected vehicle technologies of Microsoft. It brings together artificial intelligence (AI), advanced machine learning, and the Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities on the global hyper-scale Azure cloud in one platform.
2. This new technology will merge the digital and physical worlds and manufacture a very personalised, smart and secure driving experience for the customer and his/her digital life.
3. The inaugural car introducing the vision of the upgraded driving experiences will be showcased at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show on 7th March, this year.
4. The Azure cloud computing technology by Microsoft will ensure better navigation capabilities, predictive maintenance and more vehicle oriented services. Other aspects of the tech are remote monitoring of vehicle features, external mobile experiences and over-the-air notifications.
5. All the new features will be powered by Microsoft Azure cloud and services including Internet of Things, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
6. Car owners will get proactive POI, route and shopping assist suggestions, all based on their profile and information about the location.
7. Owners will be able to avoid pricier down time on the way during planned road trips. This will be achieved by pre-emptive service alerts.
8. Important car settings could be updated remotely over the cloud using firmware over the air (FOTA) and software over the air (SOTA) update protocols.
9. Warranty and recall issues can be easily prevented as the technology will use cloud-based diagnostics and vehicular data, and it will also provide the improved user experience.
10. Car performance will get optimised, by avoiding roadblocks and bad terrains as the technology will capture and analyse like road conditions. Additionally, there will be and upgrade to navigation, maps, weather traffic and parking data which will upgrade the optimisation process too.