National Highways Authority of India has launched two mobile Apps, MyFASTag and FASTag Partner. These mobile apps will help in the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection. The cumbersome method of purchase and recharge of FASTags has been one of the major challenges. The mobile Apps launched will ease the process, making it possible to buy or recharge FASTags at the click of a mobile button. MyFASTag is basically a consumer App that can be downloaded from the App Store for both Android and iOS systems. A consumer can purchase or recharge FASTags on this App. The App also helps to keep track of transactions and provides for online grievance redressal.
From 1st October 2017, all lanes of all 371 NHAI toll plazas in the country will become FASTag enabled. One lane in every toll plaza will be a dedicated FASTag lane where no other form of payment will be accepted. The other lanes, though FASTag enabled, can accept other forms of payment too. The dedicated FASTag lanes will become operational on all 371 NHAI toll plazas from 1st September 2017. Meanwhile, FASTag Partner is a merchant App. Agencies like Common Services Centre, banking partners and vehicle dealers can sell and enrol FASTag through this App. In addition to this, the App can also be used to activate the RFID tags that came built in with around 74 lakh cars in the country following the 2013 Gazette Notification in this regard.
Meanwhile, here’s is all you need to know about the apps:
What is Electronic Toll Collection (ETC)? Electronic payment of highway tolls without human involvement. ETC systems use vehicle-to-roadside communication technologies to perform an electronic monetary transaction between a vehicle and the toll collection agency.
What is MyFASTag? FASTags are an electronic toll collection system, where the amount is automatically deducted from one’s bank account once the tag is scanned by a radio frequency identification scanner.
What is MyFASTag Partner? ‘FASTag Partner’ is for banks and agencies selling the tag. A total of 10 banks, including mobile wallets, provide FASTags.
My FASTag: Key Features
1. Consumer App
2. Extremely user-friendly
3. Purchase and recharge of FASTag just by click of a mobile button
4. Keep track of FASTag transactions through App
5. Easy online grievance redressal
FASTag Partner: Key Features
1. B2B App for Business Partners App to reach end user
2. Developed to reach to people who can not FASTag buy online or through My FASTag Mobile App through this App
3. Agencies (CSC), Banking partners and Vehicle Dealers can sell and enrol FASTag through this App
4. Post-2013 Gazette Notification on nearly 74 lakhs vehicles RFID tags are already fixed but cannot be used for ETC. This App will convert these RFID tags into ETC Tag (FASTag)
5. Dealers can fix activated FASTag on new vehicles using this App
How to download MyFASTag and MyFASTag Partner apps: Go to Google Play Store. In the search bar type ‘MyFASTag’. You will find the first app, which has been launched by NHAI. Click on the download button and install it.