Microsoft Surface Pro comes with an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera that supports 1080p video recording while there is a 5-megapixel front camera on the detachable that is capable of recording 1080p videos, as well.
Microsoft on Thursday announced the launch of Surface Pro 2-in-1 notebook along with Surface Pen and other accessories in India. Microsoft Surface Pro, originally launched in June last year, is the successor to the Surface Pro 4 features specifications including a high-resolution 12.3-inch PixelSense touch display that supports the new Surface Pen 4, a seventh-generation Intel Kaby Lake processor, and an improved battery life. The Microsoft Surface Pro India price starts at Rs 64,999 for the base variant and goes up to Rs 1,82,999 for the top-end model.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 2-in-1 detachable comes with a 12.3-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixels and 3:2 PixelSense technology. It comes in three processor models – a seventh-generation Intel Core m3 processor coupled with HD Graphics 615, a seventh-generation Intel Core i5 with HD Graphics 620, and a seventh-generation Intel Core i7 with Iris Plus Graphics 640. Similarly, there are three RAM and storage models – 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB RAM along with 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB SSD storage. There is a full-size glass trackpad with five-finger multi-touch capabilities on Surface Pro that allows for ultimate precision while the keyboard is wrapped in soft Alcantara material.
Further, the Microsoft Surface Pro comes with an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera that supports 1080p video recording while there is a 5-megapixel front camera on the detachable that is capable of recording 1080p videos, as well. The detachable has been equipped with 1.6W stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium and stereo microphone. As for the connectivity options, the detachable supports Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.1, USB 3.0, microSD card slot, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, and Surface connect. Its battery is claimed to deliver up to 13.5 hours of life.
The prices of the Microsoft Surface Pro according to the processor, RAM, and storage models are:
- Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core m3 processor, Intel HD Graphics 615, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD – Rs 64,999
- Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core i5 processor, Intel HD Graphics 620, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD – Rs 79,999
- Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core i5 processor, Intel HD Graphics 620, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs 1,06,999
- Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core i7 processor, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD – Rs 1,33,999
- Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel Core i7 processor, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD – Rs 1,82,999
Customers can buy the device through more than 130 commercial resellers, Microsoft said in a company release, including Microsoft authorised online partners – Flipkart and Amazon – and offline retailers such as Reliance Digital, Croma, and Vijay Sales.
Microsoft has also launched the Surface Pro accessories in India including the Surface Pen and Cover. Here’s the price list of the accessories:
- Surface Pro Type Cover (in Black colour) – Rs 10,999
- Surface Pro Signature Type Cover (in Platinum colour) – Rs 12,999
- Surface Pen (in Silver and Charcoal colours) – Rs 7,999
- Surface Arc Mouse (in Light Grey colours) – Rs 6,399
“We are delighted to announce the launch of Surface Pro in India and offer our consumers another superior device that will enable them create, study, work and play virtually anywhere,” said Vineet Durani, Director, Windows and Devices, Microsoft India.