Apple launched its latest iPhones including iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the new series iPhone X (as in Roman numeral). While the first two models will be on sale in India from September 29th, iPhone X will make its entry on November 3. As usual, Apple has priced its new phones at the higher end with iPhone 8 and 8 Plus to be available in India for Rs 64,000 onwards whereas the iPhone X starts at Rs 89,000. Of course, not everyone can afford it. But, you don’t have to worry when there is a much cheaper alternative available in the market.
Believe it or not, Chinese phone manufacturer GooPhone has already announced a rip off named GooPhone X which looks exactly similar to the iPhone X. Even though Apple tries to maintain a lot of secrecy with its designs and features, this time the company failed spectacularly, first having its iPhone X design being accidentally outed by a goof up. To makes matters worse, its new iOS 11 update was also leaked supposedly by a disgruntled employee allowing other manufacturers to swoop in.
GooPhone which is a famous Chinese brand known for selling knockoffs of premium devices was quick to react and launched the GooPhone X even before the release of the original phone. Here are some features of this copy:
1. GooPhone has almost the similar design as that of Apple iPhone X but works on Android instead of iOS.
2. It has a 5.5-inch edge-to-edge display and comes with a MediaTek MTK6580 chip.
3. The smartphone has 1GB RAM and 16GB internal memory. The phone has a 720×1280 HD display.
4. According to a report by GizChina, the device also displays fake 4G LTE status indicators while only providing 3G service, and shows 64GB of memory when it only has 16 (though you can add a memory card).
5. Not just this, the phone has a dual camera setup too with 8MP rear shooter and a 2MP lens on the front. It is being sold for $100 which comes to be around Rs 6,500.