Microsoft Lumia 950 priced at Rs 43,699 was launched recently in India.
Microsoft Lumia 950 priced at Rs 43,699 was launched recently in India, which is based on the giant tech corporate’s latest Windows 10 operating system (OS) – Lumia 950 XL too was launched, but we will stick to the Microsoft Lumia 950 in this report. The new OS is an attempt by Microsoft to lure back consumers who gave up on Windows for mobile devices. With the new OS, Microsoft plans to offer a seamless experience to users across devices like PCs, tablets, smartphones and XBox. Here is all you wanted to know about the Lumia 950 Dual Sim in 10 points, from Cortana, Continuum and more:
1. The Lumia 950 smartphone is designed for Windows fans and professionals who desire a premium phone that takes full advantage of Windows 10, says the company. It added, “Lumia 950 (Rs 43,699) and Lumia 950 XL (Rs 49,399) are the first Lumia smartphones to come pre-loaded with Windows 10 in India.”
2. The smartphone can be pre-booked starting Monday at Microsoft Priority Resellers, Microsoft Store on Amazon.in and retail chains of Croma, Reliance and Sangeetha. The devices will be available from December 11.
3. The phone comes loaded with the ‘Continuum’ feature which when connected to a supported Display Dock beams all the apps to a larger screen, providing a PC-like experience. The dock has been priced at Rs 5,999, but will be free for initial buyers. Users can connect the Lumia 950 to Windows Continuum powered Microsoft Display Dock and they can use Universal Apps like Word & PowerPoint to scale up for a PC-like experience on an external monitor. It’s a convenient way to get PC grade productivity. Use Lumia 950 like a PC by connecting it to a bigger screen, keyboard and mouse with Microsoft Display Dock1. While connected to a big screen, the device can still text, call or use other apps, all this while the phone is charging when plugged into the dock. The Microsoft Display Dock and compatible hardware required are all sold separately. Office 365 subscription required for some Office features.
4. The Lumia 950 smartphone features a 5.2-inch display, 1.8HHz Snapdragon hexa-core processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (supports 200 GB expandable storage) and 3,000mAh battery.
5. Lumia 950 Cortana, personal assistant: Cortana is so personalised it will get to know you more each day. Learning your work habits and requirements, providing you with relevant, helpful information when you need it most.
6. Lumia 950 Windows Hello (Beta): Windows Hello (Beta) is a personal and more secure way to unlock the Lumia 950 smartphone. Look directly at the screen and the infra-red camera technology automatically authenticates you. It works in the dark too.
7. Windows 10 experience: Windows 10 with OneDrive cloud storage gives you cross device access to your files whenever you choose. Universal Apps such as PowerPoint and Outlook adapt to fit any screen you are using. Tile format and easy navigation now makes the familiar, even more powerful. Do note that pre-installed software and apps use a significant amount of the internal memory space.
8. Battery: The Lumia 950’s 3000 mAh battery charges from critical to 50% in half an hour thanks to USB‐C fast charging2. You can even charge wirelessly with integrated wireless charging. Company says battery has limited recharge cycles and battery capacity reduces over time and eventually the battery may need to be replaced. Talk time and Standby time ﴾estimates): Talk time GSM: Up to 23 hours; talk time 3G: up to 18 hours; stand by time: Up to 275 hours.
9. Camera: The PureView camera captures beautiful photos thanks to its high sensitivity 20MP sensor, 5th generation OIS and triple LED natural flash. Rich Capture automatically chooses the best camera mode and 4K video capture helps ensure each detail is visible clearly. The device features a 20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash and a front camera of 5MP with wide angle lens.
10. Other specs: * Dimensions: 145 x 73.2 x 8.25mm; * Weight: 150g; * Casing: Polycarbonate; * Colors: Matte white, matte black; * Operating System: Windows 10; * Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 processor featuring Hexa-‐core CPUs and 64-‐bit support; * Display: 5.2” QuadHD AMOLED display (﴾16:9, 2560×1440, 564 ppi)﴿, Multi-‐touch; * Memory: RAM: 3 GB, Memory card: MicroSD up to 200 GB4; * Storage: 32 GB5 and up to 200GB of expandable storage; * OneDrive storage7; * Cameras: Rear-‐facing PureView camera with a 20-‐megapixel high sensitivity sensor (﴾ISO up to 12800)﴿, Zeiss optics, 5th generation OIS, triple LED natural flash, and 4K video recording, 5-‐megapixel wide-‐angle front-‐facing camera with full HD video; * Connectivity: Wi-‐Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1