In an increasingly digitally connected world, with most of us just an email, text or call away from the office, work-life balance assumes great significance. Keeping this in mind, OnePlus in its latest version of the OxygenOS aims to smartly help balance work and family life, with special focus on digital health and consciousness.
OxygenOS is one of the most polished mobile skins that are available right now. It’s buttery smooth, fast, and, not to mention, an integral part of the OnePlus experience. The company is introducing new features with the OxygenOS 9.5 that includes a handful of features designed specifically for India. Thanks to the OnePlus’s R&D centre in Hyderabad that brainstormed to come up with new exciting features, OnePlus 7 Pro will be the first smartphone to offer more productivity to the users.
OnePlus 7 Pro was launched in India earlier this month putting an end to months of anticipation. As expected, the smartphone comes with a 90Hz display that sets it apart from most of its rivals in India. Other than the Fluid AMOLED display, the OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a pop-up camera that houses a 16-megapixel sensor. But that’s not it – OnePlus 7 Pro will soon receive the latest version of the OxygenOS that will bring many useful features for the users.
The new features are being tested under the OxygenOS Beta programme – the India-centric features will begin showing in the open beta version that will be available in June. Here are the features that you can expect to reach your OnePlus 7 Pro and other OnePlus smartphones in future.
OnePlus is introducing as many as five features as of now to begin with. They include Work-Life Balance, Smart SMS app, Caller identification, OnePlus Roaming, and Cricket Scores. All of the aforementioned features will arrive in June as a part of the open beta build except for the Cricket Scores that has begun rolling out to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users.
1. The Work-Life Balance will let the users switch between their work and personal profiles so that they can focus on the apps and notifications that are meant either for work or their personal time with family. It can be set according to the preference, for example, the location, timing, and other parameters. The fact that OnePlus is prioritising the user digital health is impressive and experts are lauding the company for it.
Anna Chandy, Chairperson at Live Love Laugh Foundation, shared the sentiment by praising OnePlus for its efforts towards digital consciousness. “OnePlus has paved the way to show us how creators of technology can proactively minimise digital dependency through features in their software itself.”
“In today’s fast paced world, maintaining work life balance is the key for physical and emotional equilibrium. The work life feature on One Plus enable users to consciously prioritise their work and other aspects of their life promoting holistic well-being,” she added.
2. Then there is the Caller Identification feature that will be available to the OnePlus users. The feature is aimed at giving users a heads up before they pick up a random, unknown call by showing the identity of the caller. The pesky calls from telemarketers and spammers can be kept at bay with this feature. OnePlus’s Caller ID will also let the user manually label the number for its nature.
3. The Smart SMS app will show new visuals for messages that often get mixed up with the SMSes of sorts. The OTP that is now quite necessary for online transactions will be available distinctly with the new SMS app. There will be other visual decorations for the SMSes received for utility bills, etc.
4. OnePlus has partnered ESPNCricinfo to deliver real-time cricket scores, match schedules and commentary to the users. The feature will be available inside the Shelf.
5. Lastly, the next version of OxygenOS will come with OnePlus Roaming that will eliminate the need for flyers to get an international SIM card or an international roaming pack on their existing number. OnePlus Roaming will provide Internet to the user’s existing number via a tailored suite of offerings for various countries.
In addition to the India-centric features, OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 will also be getting other new features such as Fnatic mode, Zen Mode, Quick Reply for IM services, Screenshot Editor, and Screen Recorder. These features will be available to the global users, which includes India users as well.