Google on Tuesday announced the launch of its feature packed ‘Gboard’ keyboard for iPhone users in India. This app for iPhone that lets iPhone users search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more, right from their keyboard. Gboard allows users to beyond the Google search results.
Instead of scrolling to find? or ? , search for “doctor” and you will get a relevant emoji instantly. One can also search for the GIFs in Gboard.
In order to set-up the Gboard as a third party app keyboard, you need to first download the app, then go to Settings>General> Keyboard. The app automatically prompts you on how to set-up, the first time you open it.
Once you install the app, open it and tap ‘Get Started’. Follow the below steps:
1. Tap on the “GET STARTED” button in the Gboard app
2. Tap “Add new keyboard”
3. Select “Gboard” from the Third-Party Keyboards section
4. Tap “Gboard” again
5. Enable “Allow Full Access” (by turning on the switch)
6. (Optional) You can change the priority of Gboard by tapping “Edit” and dragging it to the top of the list
7. Launch Gboard by bringing up the keyboard (in any app) and tapping on the Globe icon next to the space bar. You may have to tap on this icon a few times if you have several keyboards enabled.
By pressing the G icon on the top left of the keyboard, users can search for addresses, flights, and even YouTube videos to easily link to them. The keyboard also supports glide typing, letting you type words by sliding your finger from key to key instead of tapping.
Since Gboard is a third-party keyboard, it might get switched to the default keyboard sometimes. This issue is yet to be resolved. However, if you want to get Gboard back, just tap on the globe icon next to the space bar to switch to it.