To consolidate its leadership in the low cost internet connectivity and web access device segment Datawind PC 7SC priced at Rs 2,999 was launched today. ...
To consolidate its leadership in the low cost internet connectivity and web access device segment Datawind PC 7SC priced at Rs 2,999 was launched today. DataWind, maker of UbiSlate Tablets and Pocket Surfer smartphones has also expanded its portfolio by launching new tablet to its range. Datawind has signed an exclusive agreement with Den Snapdeal TV-Shop for selling these tablets through the latter’s 24X7 TV-commerce channel. Commenting on the launch, Suneet Singh Tuli, President and CEO of DataWind Inc. said, “”We are launching this tablet to address the forgotten billions, who are our largest constituent of digital age today. The new range of smartphones and tablets are powered with free unlimited Internet browsing for a year on Reliance Communications (RCom) and Telenor network.”
1. The tablet offers free internet browsing for one year under a tie-up with RComand Telenor network on a prepaid GSM sim card.
2. In addition to regular voice calling functionality, the tablet incorporates DataWind’s breakthrough web-delivery platform covered by 18 US and international patents allowing the devices to deliver the fastest mobile web experience on regular GSM-EDGE based networks.
3. This technology reduces bandwidth consumption by factors of 10x to 30x, allowing the delivery of web pages even on congested GPRS networks in 5 to 7 seconds (with even faster speeds on 3G and 4G networks).
4. The tablet is the lowest cost tablet computer with cellular connectivity, allowing anytime & anywhere internet access with a regular SIM.
5. The new 7SC tablet is light in weight. It delivers good performance for over 6 to 8 hours and comes with the DataWind proprietary web delivery technology that offers high speed internet browsing at lowest data costs possible all-in-all a most affordable, complete infotainment package for the discerning Indian customer.