Bangalore tops on MobiKwik’s bus booking platform

By: |
New Delhi | Published: June 22, 2016 5:54:29 PM

In India's largest independent mobile payments company MobiKwik's recently launched bus booking platform, south India leads in the number of ticket bookings contributing to over 40% of the sales, which they claim to be over 2000 bookings per day. And in the country itself Bangalore tops, followed by Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai.

RBI, Banking licence, Mobikwik, Bipin Preet Singh, Upasana Taku, Mobile wallet company, Paytm, Payment services, Closed wallet facility, Mobile commerce business, Money transfer MobiKwik, founded in 2009 by Bipin Preet Singh and Upasana Taku has 30 million users with 100,000 retailers. (Website)

In India’s largest independent mobile payments company MobiKwik’s recently launched bus booking platform, south India leads in the number of ticket bookings contributing to over 40% of the sales, which they claim to be over 2000 bookings per day. And in the country itself Bangalore tops, followed by Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai.

South India has made significant contribution to this growth with 40% daily bookings being made from Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai. The most popular rout is from Hyderabad to Bangalore, followed by Bangalore to Chennai and Delhi to Jaipur.

Mrinal Sinha, Chief Operating Officer, MobiKwik delighted by the numbers from south India, thanked the users and said, “We aspire to be one of the leading bus booking services in the country by end of this year.”

MobiKwik, founded in 2009 by Bipin Preet Singh and Upasana Taku has 30 million users with 100,000 retailers. The company has raised three rounds of funding from Sequoia Capital, American Express,Tree Line Asia, MediaTek, GMO Payment Gateway and Cisco Investments.

About 85% of the bookings happen on the MobiKwik app and the remaining 15% takes place on the MobiKwik website

 

Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.