Amazon Prime sale: Amazon held its third-annual Prime Day sale on Tuesday and as always, the online retailer got a great response from customers
Amazon held its third-annual Prime Day sale on Tuesday and as always, the online retailer got a great response from customers. As per the company, the 30-hour event which was available in 13 countries witnessed the biggest sale in its history. In fact, there was a jump of 60% in sales from last year and Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker emerged as the most sought-after item worldwide. However, there was a large variety seen in the products purchased depending on the country. These were the top-selling products in each country:
1. China: The top-selling item in the neighbouring country was a plush seahorse doll. If you found that surprising, the second highest-selling item in China was a set containing Yuval Noah Harari’s books ‘A Brief History of Humankind’ and ‘A Brief History of Tomorrow’.
2. France/Belgium: The two European countries went all-in on PlayStation Plus memberships. So, if you come across a French or Belgian who is good at gaming, don’t be surprised.
3. Germany/Austria: Just like France and Belgium, Germany and Austria too went for PlayStation Plus memberships. However, what may not surprise many given Germany’s love for beer, soda machines were also very famous there.
4. India: Smartphone companies have made a major impact in India over last few years. The most popular product in India during the Prime sale was recently launched One Plus 5 phone. Apart from this, external hard drives were also in high demand in India.
5. Italy: The country is known for delicious pasta and a fine glass of wine. But, it looks like they are attached to the dishes in which these items are served. So the Italian carts were loaded with dishwashing supplies.