Bharti Airtel on Thursday announced the commercial launch of its high speed 4G services in 296 towns across India.
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched its 4G services across the country, making itself ahead of Reliance Jio that has planned its entry into the same segment in December this year.
Bharti Airtel has launched 4G services in 296 cities across the country with a range of Infinity Plans that look to reduce the pressure on voice services which accounted for 75% of its revenues during Q1 FY16.
We give you a cheat sheet on what the Airtel 4G infinity plan offers and how to upgrade your old Airtel SIM to 4G in Delhi-NCR.
Data plans offered
Rs 999 postpaid plan
– 3GB data quota
-Unlimited Airtel-to-Airtel calls
-Unlimited music through Wynk music
– 5 movies per month vis Wynk video offer
Rs 1,499 postpaid plan
-5GB data quota
– Unlimited local calls
-Unlimited music via Wynk music
-Unlimited movies via Eros Now/Hooq
Rs 1,999 postpaid plan
– 7GB data quota
– Unlimited local calls + STD+ free roaming
– Unlimited music via Wynk music
Rs 2,999 postpaid plan
-15 GB data quota
– Unlimited local calls + STD + free roaming
-Unlimited music via Wynk
– Unlimited movies via Eros/Hooq
This is how the process of upgrading your old SIM to 4G works:
1. You will get an SMS asking if you would like to opt for the new service. If you don’t get the same can then go to the Airtel 4G SIM swap page and request a new SIM
2. Once you request for a new SIM, Airtel will try and deliver it at your address within four hours. While not everyone is getting it within four hours, most SIMs seem to be delivered within the same day. Airtel is delivering only smart SIMs for its 4G service, so there is no need to get them cut for newer phones.
3. To change the SIM, you need to send the 20-digit number at the back of the new card to 121 prefixing SIM. When the request is accepted, select 1 to confirm.
4. Within a few minutes the service on your existing SIM will stop. Once that happens, insert the new SIM and wait for the network to show up.
5. Within a minute of so, you should get a message with the new Internet settings. The 4G service is ready to go. Some users will need to upgrade their plans to avail 4G services.