Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), India’s largest software services exporter, on Tuesday reported a 14.5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, meeting estimates, helped by a rise in new deals and a push towards digitisation. TCS reported a net profit of Rs 6,055 crore ($928.93 million) for the second quarter (Q2) ended September. Here are the top 5 quotes by CEO & MD N Chandrasekaran:
1. N Chandrasekaran: We have always performed better than the industry. We are happy with our performance in Q2. TCS added three clients in $100 million band. $10 million customers are up by 6 in Q2.
2. N Chandrasekaran: We will be hiring. We are looking at building up the bench at TCS. We have increased hiring target to 75,000 from 60,000.
3. N Chandrasekaran: Over 30,000 employees have already been trained in digital learning platform in Q2. Gross employee addition in Q2 was 25,186, taking total headcount to 335,620.
4. N Chandrasekaran: (On a query about dollar-rupee volatility) This is no longer a dollar-rupee game for TCS. So many currencies are involved, Australian dollar, Brazilian real, Euro, and others. TCS is involved and affected by so many countries now.
5. N Chandrasekaran: (On the future, TCS’ strong/weak areas and expectations about the traditionally weak third quarter) There are always some weak spots, some strong in every company, but overall we are doing very well. And, what I will say is, the opportunities are huge.