Swiggy claims to be more reliable and faster than its competitors Zomato, Tinyowl and Foodpanda. Swiggy average delivery time is close to 37 minutes...
Backed by SAIF, Accel and Norwest Venture Partners, Swiggy has managed to raise $18.5 million so far and is in the process of raising the next round, which puts it in ideal position to take the battle to biggies in the food delivery startup and apps segment, Zomato, Tinyowl and Foodpanda. The hassle of ordering food and getting it delivered on time led to the creation of Swiggy. Here we detail top 5 takeaways from this startup:
1. What differentiates Swiggy from its competitors is that it has its own fleet of delivery boys who are equipped with smartphones and the Swiggy app, which helps the user to track their delivery through routing algorithms.
2. Since Swiggy has their own fleet of delivery boys, it does not have a minimum order policy. Swiggy charges a commission from the restaurant and also charges a delivery fee from the customer. Users can order anything without worrying about the minimum order policy, they just have to pay delivery fee and get food delivered even if it costs only Rs 50. On orders which are higher than a certain amount Swiggy just takes the commission from the restaurant.
3. Swiggy claims to be more reliable and faster than its competitors Zomato, Tinyowl and Foodpanda. Swiggy average delivery time is close to 37 minutes and this is what makes it stand apart. According to the company, the reason why people prefer Domino’s is mainly because their delivery time is just 30 minutes which no one has been able to catch up with in the last 10-15 years. Similarly 37 minutes is a differentiating factor for us in this space.”
4. Also, Swiggy Express, a new initiative, which is in the pilot stage currently aims to deliver food within 15-20 minutes. Swiggy gets food from partner restaurants put them in hot boxes and once the order comes it will be dispatched directly, making sure hot food reaches customers within 15-20 minutes. Swiggy is also looking at partnering a few beverage chains to deliver coffee and tea.
5. The Bengaluru-based Swiggy exists in six cities already and will be launching services in Chennai soon. Going forward it will expand to four more cities including Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Chandigarh.