Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale: Not just 11 lakh buyers in first 16 hours, according to the ecommerce major, on the first day of its sale, it has set a new benchmark in delivery speed by delivering a phone at the buyer’s home within just 1 hour. The ecommerce major’s sale is running concurrently with those of arch rivals Flikpart (Big Billion Days), Amazon (Great Indian Festival) and ShopClues (Lowest Price Online Challenge Dhamaka Deals). All of them have vowed huge discounts on products across categories.
Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale is pan-India not just in terms of reach, it is seeing buyers from all across the country picking up festive offers and this has helped it log nearly 11 lakh buyers from over 2,800 cities who bought a product at Snapdeal in the first 16 hours.
Saurabh Bansal, Vice President & Head Category Management, Snapdeal said, “We are seeing consistent growth across all categories, with overall 6X increase in volumes as compared to usual days. This is just the beginning and seeing the enthusiasm with which our customers have responded, we are very confident of setting new benchmarks this Diwali.”
Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale trends from Day 1 of the sale have shown spectacular response, according to the company, from customers with sales volume jumping 6 times of average by 4 pm. Check out the key sales trends on Day 1 of sale (till 4pm) October 1.
* Over 11 Lakh buyers had bought a product on Snapdeal.
* The orders went to nearly 52,000 sellers.
* On Day 1, buyers from over 2,800 cities and towns across India placed their orders.
* Products in 782 categories were sold from 48,000 brands.
* Snapdeal made the fastest delivery in under an hour – iPhone 5s order was placed at 7.20 am on October 2 that was delivered to the home of the buyer in Gurgaon as early as 8.10 am.
* The auspicious Navratri festival has started real estate on Snapdeal jumped with as many as 12 apartments being sold in Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Noida and in Mumbai on Sunday itself.
* Another big ticket purchase effected on the website was in the auto sector with 846 Hero and TVS Suzuki bikes being sold.
* Electronics was a really hot category and with flat screen TVs being quite popular and nearly 5,000 flat screen TVs were sold. The most popular brands in this segment were LG, Samsung, Sony and Micromax.
Early bird trends – till 8am of 2nd October
* First hour Rush: 2 Million Users logged on in the 1st hour of sale
* First through the doors: 700,000 concurrent users in first 5 mins
* Whirlwind Start: 180 orders per second at launch
* Sellers’ Market: In first 8 hrs, some 30,000 sellers received orders
* Everyone’s Buying: Orders from received from 12,891 pin codes
* Citi discounts: 58,000 Instant Citi Cards discount applied
* Cell phones: 200 mobile phones sold per minute
* Pen drives: 24,000 pen drives sold in first 8 hrs (400 TB capacity)