N Srinivasan cannot contest the next election for BCCI chief position, adds SC.
Supreme Court today launched a crackdown against the BCCI and N. Srinivasan today, issuing a virtual ban on his desire to fight another election for the post of the president of the top cricketing body. Court has put under question the future of IPL teams Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals and put another cloud over Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra.
Here are the top 10 points:
- Supreme Court gives telcos 10 years to pay AGR dues; Bharti Airtel jumps 6%, Vodafone Idea tanks 20%
- AGR Judgement Day HIGHLIGHTS: SC allows 10 years for payment of AGR dues; telcos to pay dues on Feb 7 annually
- AGR Hearing Updates: Jio, Airtel say govt didn’t demand additional dues; SC wants recovery of bankrupt co dues
2. However, it added that charges of cover-up against BCCI president-in-exile N Srinivasan not proved.
3. SC holds as unsustainable and impermissible amendment in BCCI rule permitting cricket administrator to have commercial interest in IPL and Champions League.
4. Srinivasan cannot contest the next election for BCCI chief position.
5. SC says conflict of interest in cricket leads to great confusion.
6. Rajasthan Royals owner Raj Kundra and Srinivasan’s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan’s role in betting stands proved: SC.
7. SC sets up 3-member panel headed by ex-CJI R M Lodha to decide quantum of punishment against Meiyappan and Kundra.
8. SC frames seven questions on which it has passed its verdict.
9. N Srinivasan or any administrator having commercial interest in cricket can’t contest for BCCI post till they have those interests: SC
10. BCCI did not adhere to prescribed procedures while conducting probe in IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal: SC.
11. Post Supreme Court verdict, the standards and principles applied for government organisations will apply to the cricket Board.
12. Arun Jaitley is expected to go into a hudddle with the embattled N Srinivasan and Jagmohan Dalmiya upon his return to India on Friday and discuss the future course of action.