Reliance Jio is the fastest-growing technology company in not only India, but the world…or so Mukesh Ambani has claimed in an event of his new telecom venture. According to Ambani, “In the first 3 months, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp or Skype.” “On 1 September, I shared with you my belief that Jio is a game-changing network for India and for Indians, in 3 short months, you have proved me right,” Ambani said while announcing that all Reliance Jio customers (existing and new) will get free services till March 31, 2017.
“I want to reiterate that Jio is committed to ensuring that all domestic voice calls by Jio customers will be free forever…Jio is not only delivering four times more data than all other Indian telecom operators combined, but also much faster throughputs than any other mobile network in India. Jio is, and will remain, a customer-obsessed organization,” he added.
1) Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications, absolutely free, till March 31, 2017. This is called Reliance Jio’s “HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER”. But, existing Jio users, need not fret! All existing Jio customers will get extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer till March 31, 2017 on current SIMs.
2) Reliance Jio has recently introduced a home delivery service for Jio SIMs. You can now get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC. This is being progressively launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by December 31, 2016. Also, Jio now fully supports mobile number portability, and all customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to it.
— BTVI Live (@BTVI) December 1, 2016
3) According to Mukesh Ambani, 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily. 1 GB per day is 30 times the average usage on other networks, he said. “In Jio Happy New Year Offer, we have fine-tuned our fair usage policy to ensure all users get fair share of network capacity,” he said.
4) In this period, Jio customers will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using JioMoney wallet. Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks free till March 31, 2017.
5) Congratulating PM Modi for his “bold demonetisation move”, Ambani said, “Thanks to solutions like JioMoney, every Indian has the ability to have a Digital ATM in their pocket. JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.” Jio is working to empower Indian merchants by building a digital retail ecosystem, which we are calling JioMoney Merchant Solutions. “This will enable digital transactions of all types, whether they be at mandis, small shops, restaurants, railway ticket counters, for bus and mass transit and even for person-to-person money transfers,” Ambani explained.