SpiceJet today launched yet another limited time offer which has been customized strictly for passengers who travel light and is priced at Rs 999.
Continuing with its airfare dog war for the Indian skies, now Spicejet offers Rs 999 ticket, which is yet another limited time offer from the company that has been customized strictly for passengers who travel light.
The massive response to the offer has made, SpiceJet extend its #TravelLightSaveMore offer until 23.59 hours, Sunday 3 May, 2015, and the airline has added 1,00,000 seats to the offer to cater to the high demand.
SpiceJet’s #TravelLightSaveMore sale offers airfares is priced at Rs 999 all-in. This fare, which is in most cases cheaper than Second AC train travel, is for customers travelling with hand (cabin) baggage only (max 7 kgs of hand baggage per passenger, plus standard sized laptop bag or ladies purse).
“With this latest Travel Light, Save More sale with fares starting at Rs 999 all-in, SpiceJet is once again taking the lead by unbundling fares so that passengers only pay for what goods and services they want to consume. Those who travel light no longer have to wonder why they must pay for luggage that they do not carry, instead they get a discount for travelling with hand baggage only”, said Sanjiv Kapoor, Chief Operating Officer, SpiceJet Ltd.
The sale opened today and was supposed to close on April 29, 2015. Travel period covered under this sale was July 1, 2015 to October 15, 2015. The sale is for all direct and onward flights on SpiceJet’s domestic network, and 1,50,000 seats were available under this offer earlier which has now been raised.
“SpiceJet has announced a never-before 3 day ‘travel light’ sale starting today for the travel period from July’15 till October’15. The sale which allows you to fly at an attractive Rs 999 all inclusive fare, targets passengers who are ready to travel light. On most routes, these fares will compete with second AC train travel tickets and drive a shift from rail to air. We are extremely positive that the sale will be well received by travellers and we are already seeing a higher traction in bookings, within hours of the announcement. We also envisage that some of the other airlines will follow suit soon enough,” said Sharat Dhall, President, Yatra.com.
“Travelling light also helps lower fuel consumption and emissions, it is the smarter and more environmentally friendly way to travel”, Kapoor said.
For those who want to carry more than hand baggage at these fares, check-in baggage up to 15 kgs will be charged at a flat rate of Rs. 750 payable at the airport during check-in.
* Booking period: April 27, 2015 to April 29, 2015
* Travel Period: July 1, 2015 to October 15, 2015
* 2,50,000 seats on sale, offer available on first-come-first-served basis
* This special airfare offer is for passengers flying only with hand baggage
* Bookings under the #TravelLightSaveMore offer can be made on www.spicejet.com
* There is limited inventory under the offer.
* Best fares will be available on first-come-first-served basis.
* The sale is not applicable on group bookings.
Terms and Conditions:
* Fare displayed above is one-way all-inclusive starting fare.
* The offer is applicable for bookings made between April 27, 2015 to April 29, 2015, for travel between July 01, 2015 and October 15, 2015 (all dates inclusive).
* Fares vary from sector to sector depending upon the travel distance.
* No free check-in baggage allowance shall be permissible for the bookings made under this offer.
* For bookings made under this offer, check-in baggage shall be charged at an additional fee of INR 750/- only for the first 15 kgs., and shall thereafter be charged on per kilogram basis, at the applicable rate of excess baggage prevailing at the airport.
* Bookings made under this offer are non-refundable.
* The offer is valid only for travel on direct and onward flights within India on SpiceJet’s network.
* The offer is only applicable on bookings made on www.spicejet.com, online travel portals and travel agents; and is NOT available at SpiceJet’s Sales and Reservation Centre and at our Airport Ticketing Offices.
* Under this offer, limited inventory is available on First-Come-First-Served basis.
* The offer is not applicable on bookings made for groups and infants.
* Flight schedules and timings are subject to regulatory approvals and change(s).
* SpiceJet reserves the right to withdraw/ cancel and/ or amend the offer without any prior notice.